Current line-up (2006)
- Büne Huber (vocals)
- Monic Mathys (bass)
- Andi Hug (drums)
- Christian Brantschen (keyboard, accordion)
- Menk Grossniklaus (saxophone)
- Disu Gmünder (guitar)
- Pascal Steiner (keys and wind instruments)
- Daniel Woodtli (trumpet)
Patent Ochsner was formed in Bern in 1990 by singer Büne Huber and four other musicians. The lineup would change several times during the years. The band got their name from a ubiquitous type of Swiss dustbin and trash containers, manufactured by J. Ochsner AG and stamped with "Patent Ochsner".
In 1991, they released their debut "Schlachtplatte" (butcher plate; a traditional dish containing different types of meat and sausages). As the song "Bälpmoos" (about Belpmoos, Bern's regional airport) got huge radio airplay on Swiss radio stations they became quite famous in Switzerland. The ballad "Scharlachrot" (Scarlet) would increase their popularity.
In 1993 they released their second LP "Fischer" (fisherman), their first number one album. The year after "Gmües" (Vegetables) came out, completing their "food trilogy" together with Schlachtplatte and Fischer. "Gmües" contained the single hit "Jänner" (January).
In 1995 Patent Ochsner released the Song "Jacques" as their contribution to the campaign against French nuclear tests at Mururoa. The next year they released the hit single "W. Nuss vo Bümpliz" (a pun on Venus), followed by the album "Stella Nera" in 1997. After the live album "Wildbolz & Süsstrunk" released the year after, they had a break of a few years. Büne Huber released a solo album during this time.
Patent Ochsner had their comeback with 2 hit singles "Brandstifter" (arsonist) and "Trybguet" (flotsam), this song giving the name for their next album, released in 2003. In 2005 they released another album "Liebi, Tod & Tüüfu" (love, death & devil).
- Schlachtplatte - (1991) - Zytglogge Verlag
- Fischer - (February, 1993) - COD Records
- Gmües - (August 29, 1994) - BMG Ariola (Switzerland)
- Stella Nera - (January 27, 1997) - BMG Ariola (Switzerland)
- Trybguet - (May 5, 2003) - BMG Ariola (Switzerland)
- Liebi, Tod + Tüüfu - (September 26, 2005) - Muve Records
- The Rimini Flashdown - (August 29, 2008) - Universal
- Johnny - The Rimini Flashdown Part II - (July 26, 2012) - Universal
- Wildbolz & Süsstrunk - (September 21, 1998) - BMG Ariola (Switzerland)
- Bundesplatz (CD + DVD) - (November 5, 2010) - Universal
- Gurten 2015 Live (November 6, 2015) - Universal
- Strange Fruits – Unique Moments – Live im Landesmuseum (November 3, 2017) - Universal
- Fischer (1993)
- Jänner (1994)
- Ludmilla (1994)
- Varazze (1994)
- Jacques/Liebgott (1995)
- W. Nuss Vo Bümpliz (1996)
- Brügg (1997)
- Brandstifter (2002)
- Trybguet (2002)
- Natalina/Hotelsong (2003) — With Mimmo Locasciulli
- Globetrotter (2008)
- Zucker + Zitrone (2012)
- Vohinger + Vovor (2005)
- Grüens Liecht (2005)