Pati Patni Aur Woh (2019 film)
|Pati Patni Aur Woh|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Mudassar Aziz|
|Written by||Mudassar Aziz|
|Based on||Pati Patni Aur Woh|
by B.R. Chopra
|Narrated by||Jimmy Sheirgill|
Lijo George – DJ Chetas
John Stewart Eduri
|Edited by||Ninad Khanolkar|
|Distributed by||AA Films|
|Box office||est. ₹117.70 crore|
Pati Patni Aur Woh (transl. The husband, the wife, and 'her') is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy film directed by Mudassar Aziz and produced by Renu Ravi Chopra. The film is a remake of the 1978 film of the same name and stars Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday. Principal photography began on 4 February 2019 and the film was released on 6 December 2019.
Abhinav "Chintu" Tyagi is an ordinary, middle-class man from Kanpur, and a government engineer in the Public Works Department. He has been married to Vedika Tripathi (Bhumi Pednekar), a physics tuition teacher from Lucknow, for three years (acording to the time in the story). Chintu is happy in Kanpur, but he is harassed by his controlling parents for not planning a child, and by Vedika who wants to move to a big city. He often seeks advice from his PWD colleague and childhood friend Fahim Abdul Rizvi.
Bored in his day-to-day life, Chintu suddenly finds comfort in Tapasya Singh, a young wannabe fashion designer from Delhi he met at his office, who is related to his boss and briefly came to select a plot for starting her fashion business. From the day Tapasya compliments him about his smile, Chintu finds himself drawn towards Tapasya and decides to enjoy his life. At a hotel pool, he lies to her that Vedika is having an affair with a certain Rakesh Yadav, who is actually a student of her class besotten with her. Fahim is peeved when he comes to know of the matter, and laments that, in trying to save Chintu repeatedly from various situations, he will himself fall into serious trouble.
One day, Chintu is having lunch with Tapasya in his office, when Vedika calls him to tells him that she is arriving with her own lunch. With Fahim's help, Chintu successfully wards off Tapasya in time. On another day, Chintu takes Tapasya out for lunch to a mall, but when he hears that Vedika is shopping at the same mall for her cousin Kanupriya's wedding, he takes Tapasya to another mall for lunch followed by a bowling session, only for Vedika to catch the two together from afar. She keeps the secret of his infidelity to herself.
Seeing him lying to her of throwing her off the scent, Vedika leaves home early to attend Kanupriya's wedding. There she discovers her ex-boyfriend Durgesh "Doga" Kanojia, a local bad boy whom she had left for Chintu, and the two resolve to leave the country. Meanwhile, Chintu goes to Tapasya's home in Delhi and meets her friends. They go to a nightclub and party; upon returning home, she seduces a drunken Chintu and is ready to kiss him, but Chintu is held by his conscience.
Chintu realises he has wronged Vedika, but it is too late, as when she returns, she tells him that she is leaving him and knows of his infidelity. He gets mad at Fahim when he reveals that his ex-girlfriend Neha had cheated on him with Fahim, and ditched him without a reason. It is then that he realises how much he loves her. A distraught Chintu and Fahim visit Vedika's parents but they give them her letter, wherein she states that she is eloping with Doga, having made a mistake by leaving him. At Doga's travel agency, the two are roughed up by Doga's henchmen, but the police lets them go. When he visits Tapasya at her home and warns her that she cannot take Vedika's place in his life, she asks him why he chooses to remain unhappy when she is there for him. Working himself up in a fit of rage while drunk, he smashes Doga's shop and is arrested, but Fahim pays for his bail.
One morning, Rakesh arrives with Fahim to find a morose and depressed Chintu at his home and informs him that Vedika is departing to Canada for good. The three rush to the Lucknow airport, with Chintu's family and the police in hot pursuit. At the airport, Chintu finds Vedika, Tapasya and Doga. He tries to stop them, but Tapasya spares him, saying that she will not slap him no matter how much she wants to, because he did not get intimate with her while in Delhi. He finds out that it is Doga who is going to Canada and that this was Doga's plan to make him realise Vedika's worth. Vedika forgives him and they reconcile.
Eventually another girl, Neha Khanna, enters his office; he initially stares at her her but restrains himself and refers her to another department. As she goes out the door, he calls out her name while she calls him a 'weirdo' to herself.
- Kartik Aaryan as Abhinav 'Chintu' Tyagi
- Bhumi Pednekar as Vedika Tyagi (née Tripathi)
- Ananya Panday as Tapasya Singh
- Aparshakti Khurana as Fahim Abdul Rizvi, Chintu's friend
- Manu Rishi as Inspector Mukhtar Singh
- Rajesh Sharma as Prem Tripathi, Vedika's father
- K. K. Raina as Arvind Tyagi, Chintu's father
- Navni Parihar as Kusum Tyagi, Chintu's mother
- Neeraj Sood as Brijesh Kumar Pandey, Vedika's uncle in Kanpur
- Geeta Agarwal Sharma as Hemlata Tripathi, Vedika's mother
- Shubham Kumar as Rakesh Yadav, Vedika's student
- Sunny Singh as Durgesh 'Doga' Kanojia, Vedika's boyfriend
- Kriti Sanon in a special appearance as Neha Khanna
- Jimmy Sheirgill as the narrator
|Pati Patni Aur Woh|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||14 January 2020|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music is composed by Tanishk Bagchi, Rochak Kohli, Sachet–Parampara, Tony Kakkar and Lijo George – DJ Chetas with, lyrics written by Kumaar, Mellow D, Tony Kakkar, Tanishk Bagchi, Navi Ferozpurwala and Shabbir Ahmed.
Tony Kakkar's song "Dheeme Dheeme", originally released in May 2019, was recreated by Tanishk Bagchi with a party beat and additional vocals from Neha Kakkar.
The song "Ankhiyon Se Goli Maare" from Dulhe Raja, originally sung by popular singer Sonu Nigam, composed by Anand-Milind and written by Sameer Anjaan was recreated for the film twice – once by Tanishk Bagchi and then by DJ Chetas.
|1.||"Dheeme Dheeme"||Mellow D, Tanishk Bagchi, Tony Kakkar||Tanishk Bagchi, Tony Kakkar||Neha Kakkar, Tony Kakkar||2:57|
|2.||"Ankhiyon Se Goli Mare"||Shabbir Ahmed||Tanishk Bagchi||Mika Singh, Tulsi Kumar||3:26|
|3.||"Dilbara"||Navi Ferozpurwala||Sachet–Parampara||Sachet Tandon, Parampara Thakur||4:07|
|4.||"Tu Hi Yaar Mera"||Kumaar||Rochak Kohli||Arijit Singh, Neha Kakkar||3:20|
|5.||"Dilbara" (Version 2)||Navi Ferozpurwala||Sachet-Paramapara||B Praak||4:08|
|6.||"Ankhiyon Se Goli Maare Returns"||Shabbir Ahmed||Lijo George – DJ Chetas||Dev Negi, Asees Kaur||3:39|
Pati Patni Aur Woh's opening day domestic collection was ₹91.0 million. On the second day, the film collected ₹123.3 million. On the third day, the film collected ₹145.1 million, taking total opening weekend collection to ₹359.4 million.
- "Pati Patni Aur Woh (2019)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- "Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Principal Photography of Pati Patni Aur Woh Began Today". Movie Alles. 10 June 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- "'Pati Patni Aur Woh': The Katrik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday starrer to release on December 6". The Times of India. 24 March 2019. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- "T-Series shares new release dates for Taanaji, Pati Patni Aur Woh, Pagalpanti and Bhuj: The Pride of India". Hindustan Times. 24 March 2019. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- "Pati Patni Aur Woh – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- "Kartik Aaryan's 'Pati Patni Aur Woh' has a reprised version of 'Akhiyon Se Goli Maare'; here's what Raveena Tandon has to say about it". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Pati Patni Aur Woh song Ankhiyon Se Goli Mare: Kartik Aaryan is happy to romance Bhumi Pednekar, Ananya Panday at the same time". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Sony Max to showcase TV premiere of Pati Patni Aur Woh on 29 March". TelevisionPost.