Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- This article incorporates "medical abuse", which has a similar meaning but relates more specifically to harmful medical treatment rather than care in general, and may include victims who did not choose to be patients.
- Abuse includes physically striking or sexually assaulting a patient. It also includes the intentional withholding of necessary food, physical care, and medical attention.
- Neglect includes the failure to properly attend to the needs and care of a patient, or the unintentional causing of injury to a patient, whether by act or omission.
- Aggression in healthcare
- Blacklisting of patients by doctors
- Bullying in medicine
- Bullying in nursing
- Category:Health care professionals convicted of murdering patients
- Doctor-patient relationship
- Medical harm
- Medical malpractice
- Medical torture
- Political abuse of psychiatry
- Unethical human experimentation
- Never events
- Professional abuse
- Foster care#Abuse and negligence
- Winterbourne View hospital abuse
- Wrongful involuntary commitment
- "Patient Abuse". Stop Fraud Colorado. Colorado Attorney General's Office. Archived from the original on 26 October 2017. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Medicaid Fraud Definitions". Office of the Attorney General. State of Ohio. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Slavin, Erik (16 January 2010). "Doctor faces court-martial in patient abuse case". Stars & Stripes. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Larson, Aaron (12 July 2015). "Warning Signs for Abuse and Neglect in Nursing Homes and Long-Term Care Facilities". ExpertLaw. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Patient abuse – nurse struck off". BBC News. 30 April 2003. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Krell, Alexis (9 October 2017). "Doctor charged with sex crimes at Bremerton clinic is at center of women's lawsuit". The News Tribune. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Gorman, Anna (6 January 2015). "When Home Caregivers Kill the Elderly With Neglect". The Atlantic. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Bostwick JS The Patient Abuse and Neglect of Our Vulnerable Adults: America's Shame (2008)
- Caron NK Impact of effectiveness in implementation of the patient abuse reporting law on the reporting of "physical abuse, mistreatment, neglect" in residential health care facilities (1981)
- Close BA, Greenberg MS, Morgenstern BR Nursing Home Patient Abuse – Realities and Remedies (1981)
- Costa, MD Gynocide: Hysterectomy, Capitalist Patriarchy, and the Medical Abuse of Women (2007)
- Mackay T Without Due Care – An Australian Hospital Tragedy (2010)
- Shannon JM Patient abuse law: the reality (1983)
- Sundram CJ Patient abuse and mistreatment in psychiatric centers: a policy for reporting apparent crimes to and response by law enforcement agencies (1985)
- Thomas G Journey into madness:the true story of secret CIA mind control and medical abuse (1989)
- Armstrong B A Question of Abuse: Where Staff and Patient Rights Collide – Hosp Community Psychiatry 1979 May;30(5):348-51.
- Burkin K, Kleiner BH (1998) "Protecting the whistleblower: preventing retaliation following a report of patient abuse in health-care institutions", Health Manpower Management, Vol.24 Issue 3 Pages 119–124
- Gutheil TG Patient Abuse – Hosp Community Psychiatry 35:832, August 1984
- Isaacman SH Patient Abuse in Rural Midwestern Pregnant Women? – Archives of Family Medicine, 1993;2(4):351.
- LaRocco SA Patient Abuse Should Be Your Concern – Journal of Nursing Administration April 1985 – Volume 15 Issue 4 Pages 27–31
- LaRocco SA A case of patient abuse – American Journal of Nursing: November 1985 – Volume 85 Issue 11 Pages 1233–1236
- Santistevan A, Deiker T Asking the Patient About Abuse and Neglect-Five-Point Plan, Las Vegas (NM) Medical Center 1988
- Sundram CJ Obstacles to Reducing Patient Abuse in Public Institutions Hosp Community Psychiatry 35:238–243, March 1984