|Population||41 (2011 census)|
|Location||200 km (124 mi) north of Warburton|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku|
Patjarr (also known as Karilywara) is a small Aboriginal community, located near the Clutterbuck Hills between Lake Cobb and Lake Newell, 243 kilometres by road north west of Warburton in the Goldfields-Esperance region of Western Australia.
When enumerated in the 2011 Census of Population and Housing, the population of Patjarr was 41. While no further demographic details are available from the 2011 census, 84% of residents in 2006 identified themselves as being of Indigenous descent. Most of Patjarr's Aboriginal residents are part of the Pintupi group. At the time of the 2006 Census, the Indigenous population profile of Patjarr was skewed, with a sex ratio of 1.0 male per 2.2 females.
The Pintupi began returning to their homelands near Patjarr in 1979 with a view to setting up a permanent outstation. While the community's governing body, Patjarr Aboriginal Corporation, was incorporated under the Aboriginal Councils and Associations Act 1976 on 28 April 1980, it was not until 1993 that the community and its surrounds were excised from the Gibson Desert Nature Reserve and leased to the traditional owners by the Aboriginal Lands Trust. Native title was determined to exist in 2005, as part of the Stanley Mervyn, Adrian Young, and Livingston West and Ors, on behalf of the Peoples of the Ngaanyatjarra Lands v Western Australia and Ors claim.
Patjarr Layout Plan No.2 has been prepared in accordance with State Planning Policy 3.2 Aboriginal Settlements. Layout Plan No.2 was endorsed by the community on 10 October 2008.
Pulpurru Davies lives and paints in Patjarr.
- "Census of Population and Housing: Mesh Block Counts, 2011". Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2012.
- Planning Western Australia. "Patjarr (Karilywarra)". Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Patjarr (Indigenous Location)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku. "Patjarr (Karliywara)". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations. "Documents for Patjarr Aboriginal Corporation". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Federal Court of Australia. "Stanley Mervyn, Adrian Young, and Livingston West and Ors, on behalf of the Peoples of the Ngaanyatjarra Lands v Western Australia and Ors 2005 FCA 831 (29 June 2005)". Retrieved 26 July 2012.