Patna Medical College and Hospital
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Patna Medical College Hospital|
A 2000 stamp dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Patna Medical College
|Location||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Affiliated university||Aryabhatta Knowledge University|
Patna Medical College and Hospital (abbreviated as PMCH) was established in 1925 and originally known as Prince of Wales Medical College, is a medical college located in Patna, the state capital of Bihar, India.
It is located on the southern bank of the river Ganges and is now affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University (previously: Patna University). The exact location is on Ashok Rajpath which is also home to other colleges of Patna University. It has more than 1748 beds which is at par with AIIMS. The emergency ward is called IGCE (Indira Gandhi Central Emergency) and has an additional 220 beds. It is one of the busiest hospitals in India. The average daily outpatient load is one of the highest in India.
How to reach
Patna Medical college is situated in Ashok Rajpath.
- Bidhan Chandra Roy
- Dukhan Ram (Padma Bhushan)
- B. Mukhopadhyaya (Padma Bhushan)
- Narendra Kumar Pandey (1974 batch) – Padma Shri (2014) – Chairman and Director of Asian Institute of Medical Sciences
- S. N. Arya (Padma Shri)
- C. P. Thakur (former Union Minister)
- Gopal Prasad Sinha
- Sunil Shroff
- Vijay Prakash Singh (1972 batch)- Padma Shri (2003)
- Sinha, Nishant (16 October 2012). "Medical Council of India team inspects Patna Medical College and Hospital". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 17 May 2017. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "PMCH juniors doctors on strike". Hindustan Times. 14 June 2012. Archived from the original on 24 December 2016. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- Bhatia, Banjot Kaur (13 April 2014). "No incubator in Patna Medical College and Hospital paediatrics department". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 24 February 2018. Retrieved 24 December 2016.