Logo of the Patna Police
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||District of Patna in the state of Bihar, IN|
|Areas of Patna Police's jurisdiction in Bihar|
|Size||3,202 square kilometres (1,236 sq mi)|
|Legal jurisdiction||Patna district|
|Governing body||Home Department (Bihar)|
|Overviewed by||General Administration Deptt., Govt. of Bihar|
|Headquarters||Gandhi Maidan Marg, Patna- 800004|
|Elected officer responsible||Nitish Kumar, Home minister|
|Agency executive||Manu Maharaj, IPS,, Senior superintendent of police|
|Parent agency||Bihar Police|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
Patna Police (Hindi: पटना पुलिस) is the police service responsible for law enforcement within Patna district, including the capital city of Patna in an Indian state of Bihar. Patna Police is the largest police service in the state. Its headquarters are at Gandhi Maidan Marg in Patna.
Patna police is broadly divided into four regions namely Central, East, West and Rural, each headed by a Superintendent of Police. For administrative purposes, each region is subdivided into Neighbourhood Policing Teams, each led by an Inspector. The Neighbourhood Policing Team's are responsible for the bulk of the community work undertaken in an area, and look to deal with long term local issues including Anti-Social Behaviour.
The Traffic Police is a semi-autonomous body under the Patna Police.
Services provided by the Patna Police include:
- Preventing, detecting and investigating crime;
- Monitoring and promoting road safety;
- Maintaining social order;
- Performing and coordinating search and rescue operations; and
- Emergency management
- Stopping illegal constructions and frauds
- They have also started special investigation against liquors and old currency notes of 500 and 1000 INR after the ban.
Further policing duties performed are traffic control, intelligence analysis and anti-terrorism investigation. The overall mission of the Patna Police is to protect life and property and to detect and prevent crime.
The rank structure of Patna Police officers is as follows (in descending order of seniority):
- (One)Inspector General(Shri Naiyyar Hasnain Khan)
- (One) Deputy Inspector General(Shri Shalin)
- (One) Senior Superintendent of Police(Shri Manu Maharaj)
- (five) Superintendent of Police (City East(Ms.Shayali D. Sablaram), City West, City Central(Shri Chandan Kr. Kushwaha), Rural and traffic(Shri Prantosh Kr.Das)
- (One) Assistant Superintendent of Police (town)
- (Fifteen) Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Station house officers
- Sub-Inspector/Wireless Supervisor/Sergeant
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Wireless Helper
The following are the helpline numbers of Patna Police.
|Patna Women Police||9470001390||9471006592|
|Police Control Room||0612-2201975||2201977 / 2201978 / 2219131|
- Wooden Baton
- Revolver 0.32 
- Pistol Auto 9mm 1A 
- 9mm SAF Carbine 1A1 
- 7.62 mm Ishapore 2A1 Rifle
- RFI L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle 
- AK 47/ AKM 
- INSAS Rifle 
- Mahindra Legend
- Chevrolet Tavera
- Mahindra Xylo
- Toyota Qualis
- Maruti Gypsy
- Royal Enfield Bullet
- Hero MotoCorp Glamour
- TVS Apache
- Official website
- Official website of Traffic police
- Important Numbers for Patna District Police
- Bihar Police Telephone Numbers
- "Where is Priya? 10k-strong Patna Police has no answer". The Times of India. 18 March 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Welcome To The Patna Police of Bihar State
- New police headquarters building soon The Times of India. Retrieved 11 March 2012
- Stage set for anti-Red operations The Times of India, Patna. Retrieved 3 June 2013
- "Vikas Vaibhav, Pratima Verma Out; Manu Maharaj, Sanjay Agrawal in". PatnaDaily. 3 December 2015. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "Top cop who never used his revolver". The Telegraph. 15 December 2013. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "Lande transferred again, this time to Rohtas". bihartimes.in. 3 February 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- Sayantanee Choudhury,TNN (14 February 2015). "Three Patna police inspectors shifted for laxity in work". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "CONTACT DETAILS OF POLICE OFFICERS RANGEWISE" (PDF). Home department, Govt. of Bihar. 11 February 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "Proposal for commissioner system in city, says DGP". The Times of India. 12 February 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "OFB Revolver 0.32".
- "Pistol Auto 9mm 1A".
- "OFB Submachine Carbine".
- "OFB Rifle 1A1".
- "OFB Assault Rifle 7.62mm".
- "OFB INSAS".