|Operations jurisdiction||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Areas of Patna Police's jurisdiction in Bihar|
|Size||3,202 square kilometres (1,236 sq mi)|
|Legal jurisdiction||Patna district|
|Governing body||Home Department (Bihar)|
|Overviewed by||General Administration Deptt., Govt. of Bihar|
|Headquarters||Gandhi Maidan Marg, Patna- 800004|
|Parent agency||Bihar Police|
Patna Police (Hindi: पटना पुलिस) is the police service responsible for law enforcement within Patna district, including the capital city of Patna in an Indian state of Bihar. Patna Police is the largest police service in the state. Its headquarters are at Gandhi Maidan Marg in Patna.
Patna police is broadly divided into four regions namely Central, East, West and Rural, each headed by a Superintendent of Police. For administrative purposes, each region is subdivided into Neighbourhood Policing Teams, each led by an Inspector. The Neighbourhood Policing Team's are responsible for the bulk of the community work undertaken in an area, and look to deal with long term local issues including Anti-Social Behaviour.
The Traffic Police is a semi-autonomous body under the Patna Police.
Services provided by the Patna Police include:
- Preventing, detecting and investigating crime;
- Monitoring and promoting road safety;
- Maintaining social order;
- Performing and coordinating search and rescue operations; and
- Emergency management
- Stopping illegal constructions and frauds
- They have also started special investigation against liquors and old currency notes of 500 and 1000 INR after the ban.
Further policing duties performed are traffic control, intelligence analysis and anti-terrorism investigation. The overall mission of the Patna Police is to protect life and property and to detect and prevent crime.
The rank structure of Patna Police officers is as follows (in descending order of seniority):
- (One)Inspector General(Shri Naiyyar Hasnain Khan)
- (One) Deputy Inspector General(Shri Shalin)
- (One) Senior Superintendent of Police(Shri Manu Maharaj)
- (five) Superintendent of Police (City East(Ms.Shayali D. Sablaram), City West, City Central(Shri Chandan Kr. Kushwaha), Rural and traffic(Shri Prantosh Kr.Das)
- (One) Assistant Superintendent of Police (town)
- (Fifteen) Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Station house officers
- Sub-Inspector/Wireless Supervisor/Sergeant
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Wireless Helper
The following are the helpline numbers of Patna Police.
|Patna Women Police||9470001390|
|Police Control Room||0612-2201975||2201977 / 2201978 / 2219131|
More Helpline Numbers :
- Wooden Baton
- Revolver 0.32 
- Pistol Auto 9mm 1A 
- 9mm SAF Carbine 1A1 
- 7.62 mm Ishapore 2A1 Rifle
- RFI L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle 
- AK 47/ AKM 
- INSAS Rifle 
- Mahindra Legend
- Chevrolet Tavera
- Mahindra Xylo
- Toyota Qualis
- Maruti Gypsy
- Royal Enfield Bullet
- Hero MotoCorp Glamour
- TVS Apache
- Mahindra Bolero
- Tata Sumo
- Mahindra Thar
- Mahindra Scorpio
- Official website
- Official website of Traffic police
- Important Numbers for Patna District Police
- Bihar Police Telephone Numbers
- Bihar Helpline Numbers
- "Where is Priya? 10k-strong Patna Police has no answer". The Times of India. 18 March 2015. Archived from the original on 26 March 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Welcome To The Patna Police of Bihar State Archived 4 February 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- New police headquarters building soon The Times of India. Retrieved 11 March 2012
- Stage set for anti-Red operations Archived 20 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine The Times of India, Patna. Retrieved 3 June 2013
- "Lande transferred again, this time to Rohtas". bihartimes.in. 3 February 2015. Archived from the original on 14 February 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- Sayantanee Choudhury,TNN (14 February 2015). "Three Patna police inspectors shifted for laxity in work". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 14 February 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "CONTACT DETAILS OF POLICE OFFICERS RANGEWISE" (PDF). Home department, Govt. of Bihar. 11 February 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 February 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "Proposal for commissioner system in city, says DGP". The Times of India. 12 February 2015. Archived from the original on 8 October 2016. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "OFB Revolver 0.32". Archived from the original on 19 July 2006.
- "Pistol Auto 9mm 1A". Archived from the original on 11 April 2015.
- "OFB Submachine Carbine". Archived from the original on 9 February 2009.
- "OFB Rifle 1A1". Archived from the original on 10 January 2017.
- "OFB Assault Rifle 7.62mm". Archived from the original on 18 April 2015.
- "OFB INSAS". Archived from the original on 30 September 2013.