Patna Sahib/Patna Saheb
|• Body||Patna Municipal Corporation|
|• Spoken||Hindi, English (main official) and Punjabi (liturgical)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Planning agency||Patna Regional Development Authority|
|Civic agency||Patna Municipal Corporation|
|Lok Sabha||Patna Sahib (Lok Sabha constituency)|
|Vidhan Sabha||Patna Sahib (Vidhan Sabha constituency)|
Patna City, popularly known as Patna Sahib or Patna Saheb is a neighbourhood in Patna, Bihar, India. It is regarded as very sacred by the Sikhs in India. The tenth Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh was born there. The Patna Sahib Gurudwara is considered to be one of the holiest of the five "Takths" or seat of authority of the Sikhs. The place is named Harminder Takth though the Sikhs respectfully call it Patna Sahib. The famous Guru Gobind Sahib Gurudwara is an important shrine for Sikhs from all over the world.
Patna City is an old area of Patna. Patna City history belongs to Patliputra. Patna City comes under Patna Sahib (Vidhan Sabha constituency). Bengali Colony, Jhauganj, Rambagh, Kali Asthan, Nehru Tola, Marufganj, Bihar Mills Colony are major areas of Patna City. The main Guru Gobind road connects Patna Sahib Gurudwara and Patna City Chowk. Mangal Talab is a water body located here. Patna City has all sorts of facilities like schools, hospitals for its residents. Other than Sikh Religious center it has a number of Hindu Temples and Mosques. It has a number of Boarding and Lodging facilities around religious centers. Patna Ghat is the Ganga side Ghat of Patna City. This area is served by Deedarganj police station of Patna Police. Today, Patna City is also a major trading centre.
- Khanquah Emadia Qalandaria, Mangal Talab
- Khanquah Munamia Hasania, Teeksaal Darguah
- Infant Jesus' School, Patna City
- Sudarshan Central School
- Railway Quarter, Patna City
- Mangal Talab (Pond), Named after the donor Late Shri Mangal Lal, a local landlord.
- Kashmiri Bagh (graveyard)
- Old Cemetery, Patna City
- Bal Leela, Maini Sangat
- Bahari Begumpur(One of the historical place in the city)
- Jalla Area(Hanuman Mandir,Shani mandir)
- Mangal Talab, Patna City
- Details of Post Office PATNA CITY, PATNA pincode.net.in
- Patna Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine. thesikhencyclopedia
- GURDWARA PATNA SAHIB PACKAGE TOUR
- "Rural voters to help EC create awareness in towns".
- "News in Brief". Calcutta Telegraph. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Patna traveladvisorindia