|Elevation||243 m (797 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||OD 03|
Patnagarh is a town and a notified area committee in Bolangir district in the Indian state of Odisha. Its original name (with diacritics) is Patnāgarh, and it is pronounced verbally as Patnāgad. The official language is Odia.
Patnagarh is located at  It has an average elevation of 243 metres (797 feet). Patnagarh is one of the towns in Patnagarh Tehsil, Balangir District, Odisha State. Patnagarh is located about 36 km (22 mi) from its district's main city Balangir and around 350 km (220 mi) away from its state capital Bhubaneswar..
As of 2001[update] India census, Patnagarh had a population of 45445. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Patnagarh has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 57%. In Patnagarh, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Current MLA from Patnagarh Assembly Constituency is Kanak Bardhan Singh Deo of BJP, who won the seat in State elections in 2004 and also in 2000 and in 1995. Previous MLAs from this seat were Bibekandanda Meher who won this seat representing JD in 1990 and representing JNP in 1977, Sushil Kumar Prushty of INC in 1985, and Brajamohan Thankur of INC(I) in 1980.
The city has good educational institutions, such as Jawaharlal College (co -edu), Ramai boys high school, Govt. girls high school, Govt. girls school, Govt. boys school, C.T training school, Lions public school, Saraswati shishu vidya mandir, Odisha State Brigade School, Sri Aurobindo Integral Education Centre Omm International School Vidyashree Vidyapeeth Vidya vikash Academy And other Primary schools are also present. It has a Sub-divisional Jail too. It is a Notified Area Council (NAC).
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Patnagarh
- "Patnagarh to Bhubaneshwar". web page. distancesto. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "State Elections 2004 - Partywise Comparison for 108-Patnagarh Constituency of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-17.[permanent dead link]
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies of Odisha" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2009. Retrieved 2008-09-17.