Patoka Township, Pike County, Indiana
Location in Pike County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||43.81 sq mi (113.5 km2)|
|• Land||42.58 sq mi (110.3 km2)|
|• Water||1.23 sq mi (3.2 km2) 2.81%|
|Elevation||453 ft (138 m)|
|• Density||71.9/sq mi (27.8/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47567, 47598, 47660|
|GNIS feature ID||453710|
Patoka Township was organized in 1838.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.81 square miles (113.5 km2), of which 42.58 square miles (110.3 km2) (or 97.19%) is land and 1.23 square miles (3.2 km2) (or 2.81%) is water. The Patoka River flows through the township from east to west.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Crow, Hedges, Martin, Oak Hill, Sugar Ridge, Sunset, Williams and Wyatt.
- Pike County School Corporation
- State House District 63
- State Senate District 48
- "Patoka Township, Pike County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-11-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Pike and Dubois Counties, Indiana. Goodspeed Brothers. p. 276. ISBN 978-5-87521-222-2.