|Public limited company|
|Industry||Aerospace and defense|
|Predecessor||Valmet, Oy Sisu Ab|
|Heikki Allonen (CEO)|
|Products||Armored wheeled vehicles, weapon systems, aircraft parts|
|Services||helicopter maintenance, pilot training|
|Revenue||427.7 million € (2015)|
|46,8 million € (2015)|
|Owner||Finnish government (50.1%)
Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace AS (49.9%)
Number of employees
Patria Plc (Finnish: Patria Oyj, Swedish: Patria Abp) is a Finnish provider of defence, security and aviation life-cycle support services and technology solutions. Patria is owned by the Finnish government and Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace. The competition authorities has granted their approval concerning sale by State of Finland of 49.9 percent of the defence company Patria Oyj to Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS. The total value of the transaction is EUR 283,5 million. The State of Finland now owns 50.1 percent of Patria Oyj.Transaction was closed during second quarter of 2016.
Products and services
- Armoured wheeled vehicles, mortar systems and ammunition products as well as their life cycle support services.
- Life cycle support services for aircraft and helicopters as well as pilot training.
- Maintenance of army material for the Finnish Defence Forces.
- Development and integration of systems for command and control and situational awareness as well as their life cycle support services.
Aircraft parts for:
- XA-series APCs:
- Patria AMV — Armoured Modular Vehicle
As of 5 September 2008, Patria is under investigation by the Finnish National Bureau of Investigation on its vehicle project in Slovenia and howitzer project in Egypt. The company's former CEO Jorma Wiitakorpi resigned on August 18, 2008, when the investigation was still ongoing. He was succeeded by former board member Heikki Allonen. Furthermore, several other employees have been arrested on charges of bribery. The case is ongoing and currently (as of 5 September 2008) the criminal investigation is underway.
- "Norwegian Kongsberg to acquire a minority stake of 49.9% in Patria | Patria". patria.fi. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- "Brochure on the Mini-UAV" (PDF). Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Profile of the XA-188". Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Patria press release about the investigation
- Patria press release about the CEO change