|Public limited company|
|Industry||Aerospace and defense|
|Predecessor||Valmet, Oy Sisu Ab|
|Esa Rautalinko (Chairman)|
Olli Isotalo (CEO and President)
|Products||Armored wheeled vehicles and weapon systems as well as their life cycle support services; aircraft parts|
|Services||Life cycle support services for aircraft and helicopters as well as pilot training. Development and integration of systems for command and control and situational awareness as well as their life cycle support services|
|Revenue||489.9 million € (2016)|
|74,6 million € (2016)|
|Owner||Finnish government (50.1%)|
Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace AS (49.9%)
Number of employees
Patria Plc (Finnish: Patria Oyj, Swedish: Patria Abp) is a Finnish provider of defence, security and aviation life-cycle support services and technology solutions. Patria is owned 50.1% by the Finnish government and 49.9% by Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace following a deal in 2016. The total value of the company was 283.5 million euros when the transaction closed in the second quarter of 2016.
Products and services
- Armoured wheeled vehicles, mortars and ammunition products as well as their life cycle support services.
- Life cycle support services for aircraft and helicopters as well as pilot training.
- Maintenance of army materiel for the Finnish Defence Forces.
- Development and integration of systems for command and control and situational awareness as well as their life cycle support services.[clarification needed]
Aircraft parts for:
- XA-series APCs:
- Patria AMV — Armoured Modular Vehicle
As of 5 September 2008, Patria is under investigation by the Finnish National Bureau of Investigation on its vehicle project in Slovenia and howitzer project in Egypt. The company's former CEO Jorma Wiitakorpi resigned on August 18, 2008, when the investigation was still ongoing. He was succeeded by former board member Heikki Allonen. Furthermore, several other employees have been arrested on charges of bribery. The case is ongoing and currently (as of 5 September 2008) the criminal investigation is underway.
The decision of the Turku Court of Appeal dated 17 February 2016, in which the Court dismissed all charges related to Patria's export project to Croatia, has gained legal force and is final. None of the parties to the case applied for permission to appeal against the decision of the Court of Appeal in the Supreme Court. Also the demand for a corporate fine to be imposed on Patria Land Services Oy was dismissed.
- "The sale of Patria's shares to Kongsberg completed" (Press release). Patria. 2016-05-25. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Brochure on the Mini-UAV" (PDF). Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Profile of the XA-188". Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Patria press release about the investigation Archived 2008-06-15 at Archive.today
- Patria press release about the CEO change[permanent dead link]