Patric Dickinson (genealogist)
Dickinson robed as Secretary of the Order of the Garter
|Clarenceux King of Arms|
1 September 2010
|Preceded by||Hubert Chesshyre|
|Born||24 November 1950|
|Alma mater||Exeter College, Oxford|
|Salary||£20.25 (as a provincial King of Arms)
£17.80 (as a Herald)
£13.95 (as a Pursuivant)
Dickinson was educated at Marling School in Stroud, Gloucestershire, before going up to Exeter College, Oxford, where he read modern history and graduated as MA. He was President of the Oxford Union Society and was subsequently called to the Bar at the Middle Temple. Dickinson served as a research assistant at the College of Arms from 1968 until his appointment as Rouge Dragon Pursuivant of Arms in Ordinary in 1978. He served as Richmond Herald from 25 January 1989 until 6 April 2010. On 6 April 2010 he was promoted to the office of Norroy and Ulster King of Arms, holding this office very briefly until he was further advanced to Clarenceux King of Arms on 1 September 2010. In 2004 Dickinson was named Secretary of the Order of the Garter. He is also, inter alios, a Vice-President of the Anthony Powell Society and was elected President of the Society of Genealogists in 2005.
- "No. 47662". The London Gazette. 13 October 1978. p. 12188.
- "No. 51630". The London Gazette. 30 January 1989. p. 1187.
- "No. 59386". The London Gazette. 9 April 2010. p. 6157.
- "No. 59536". The London Gazette. 6 September 2010. p. 17131.
- "No. 57231". The London Gazette. 12 March 2004. p. 3208.
- "No. 57855". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2005. p. 3.
|Rouge Dragon Pursuivant
|Norroy and Ulster King of Arms
|Clarenceux King of Arms
|Secretary of the Order of the Garter