Patrice Roberts performing at a fete in 2008
|Born||14 April 1986|
|Origin||Toco, Sangre Grande, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Associated acts||Machel Montano, Bunji Garlin, Zan|
Patrice Roberts (born April 14th, 1986) is a Trinidadian soca singer. She currently performs alongside popular fellow soca artist Machel Montano in his band, Machel Montano HD. She is also a second cousin of singer Bunji Garlin.
She came to national attention in 2005 with the hit collaboration "The Islands" alongside cousin Bunji Garlin, written by Kernal Roberts and produced by Shawn Noel (Da Ma$tamind), which was used in promotional commercials by the Ministry of Tourism.
Patrice Roberts grew up in the fishing village of Toco, Trinidad. She attended Toco AC School (Primary School) and Toco Composite Secondary School. Her singing career began at the age of eight. She has also played the tenor steelpan.
In her early career, Roberts first won the 1995 Sangre Grande Junior Calypso Monarch competition. In 2000, she became a top finalist in the competition, marking her ascent in the calypso arena. In the year 2001, she became the National Soca Monarch, the National Library Calypso Monarch and the National Junior Calypso Monarch. She again won the National Junior Calypso Monarch in 2002. Other achievements include Toco Personality Winner 2000 and U.N.D.P. second-runner up 2001.
Patrice Roberts has also competed in the International Soca Monarch in Trinidad on several occasions. In 2006, she placed second alongside Zan with the track "Always Be" in the "Groovy" category. Her collaboration with Machel Montano, "Light it Up" placed 4th in the "Power" category in 2007. In 2008, she placed second in the "Groovy" category with her song "More Wuk".
- Blossoming (2003)
- Looking Hot (2008)
- "The Islands" (featuring Bunji Garlin) (2005)
- "Always Be" (featuring Zan) (2006)
- "Band Of De Year" (featuring Machel Montano; album B.O.D.Y.) (2006) (Winner 2006 Carnival Road March)
- "Till Tomorrow" (featuring Zan) (2007)
- "Light it Up" (featuring Machel Montano; album Book of Angels) (2007)
- "Dance With Me" (featuring Fraud Squad) (2007)
- "Wukkin Up (Remix)" (featuring Macka Diamond) (2007)
- "Rollin" (featuring Machel Montano; album Flame on) (2008)
- "Tempa Wine" (featuring Machel Montano) (2008)
- "Feels Nice" (featuring Machel Montano) (2008)
- "Bump & Grind" (featuring Tian Winter) (2008)
- Bunji family affair at Soca Monarch Archived 13 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Peter Ray Blood Pusle Friday 18 November 2005
- Woman of the season
- TonyEno.com Featured Artists
- SocaBookings PATRICE ROBERTS
- Soca Monarch 2006
- ‘Iwer’ is International Soca Monarch 2007
- Soca Monarch 2008 Results
- Soca: Carnival 2006 winners announced - Machel and Patrice Roberts win Road March