|Born||1965 (age 53–54)|
Butte, Montana, United States
|Pen name||Patricia Briggs|
|Genre||fantasy, urban fantasy|
|Notable works||Mercy Thompson series|
Briggs began writing in 1990 and published her first novel Masques in 1993. She wrote primarily in the fantasy genre until her editor asked her to write an urban fantasy, since the genre was showing promising growth. Briggs wrote Moon Called, which was published in 2006 and made it to the USA Today bestseller lists. The second book in the series, Blood Bound, hit The New York Times Best Seller list. The third book, Iron Kissed, was a number one New York Times bestseller and subsequent novels have continued to perform similarly in sales.
- Masques (1993) also in Shifter's Wolf
- Wolfsbane (2010) also in Shifter's Wolf
- Steal the Dragon (1995)
- When Demons Walk (1998)
- Dragon Bones (2002)
- Dragon Blood (2003)
- Raven's Shadow (2004)
- Raven's Strike (2005)
For the complete Timeline for the "Mercyverse"
Mercy Thompson series
- Moon Called (2006)
- Blood Bound (2007)
- Iron Kissed (2008)
- Bone Crossed (2009)
- Silver Borne (2010), Endeavour Award nominee
- River Marked (2011), Endeavour Award nominee
- Frost Burned (2013)
- Night Broken (2014), Endeavour Award nominee
- Fire Touched (2016)
- Silence Fallen (2017)
- Storm Cursed (May, 2019)
Alpha and Omega series
Set in the same world as the Mercy Thompson series but starts in at an earlier time. Starting with "Cry Wolf", which is set right after the events of "Moon Called", the series run parallel.
- Alpha and Omega also in On the Prowl and Shifting Shadows
- Cry Wolf (2008)
- Hunting Ground (2009)
- Fair Game (2012)
- Dead Heat (2015)
- Burn Bright (2018)
- The Hob's Bargain (2001)
- Adventures of Sword and Sorcery Magazine #6 (1999) (edited by Randy Dannenfelser. Published by Double Star Press) Also available on Patricia Briggs' website.
- Wishing Well
- Silver Birch, Blood Moon (1999) (edited by Terri Windling and Ellen Datlow.)
- The Price
- On the Prowl (2007)
- Alpha and Omega
- Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (2008) republished in Weird Detectives: Recent Investigations (2013)
- Star of David
- Strange Brew (2009), republished in The Urban Fantasy Anthology (2011)
- Seeing Eye
- Naked City (2011)
- Fairy Gifts
- Home Improvement (2011)
- Down These Strange Streets (2011)
- In Red, With Pearls
- Shifter's Wolf (Aralorn Novels) (2012)
- Shifting Shadows (2014), an anthology of short fiction set in Mercedes Thompson's world, including
- Roses in Winter
- Fairy Gifts
- Alpha and Omega
- Seeing Eye
- The Star of David
- In Red, with Pearls
Set in the same world as the Mercy Thompson series
- Mercy Thompson: Homecoming (2009)
- Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson: Moon Called (2012)
- Cry Wolf: Alpha and Omega (2012)
- Mercy Thompson: Hopcross Jilly (2014)
- "15 More Celebrities With Ties to Tri-Cities + Mid Columbia". Hot 97.5 Online. February 18, 2014. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Biography". Archived from the original on February 3, 2016. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Best Sellers". The New York Times Best Seller list. March 20, 2011. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
- Briggs, Patricia. "Books". Hurog. Retrieved May 21, 2012.
This series is set in the same world as the Mercy Thompson Series, but on a slightly earlier time line. It begins with a novella titled Alpha and Omega published in the On the Prowl anthology.
- "Shifting Shadows". worldcat.org. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Renee's Book Addiction". September 10, 2009. Archived from the original on August 26, 2011.
- "Dead Heat". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Double Star Press - Bibliography". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Published Works". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Wishing Well". Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Briggs, Patricia. "Wishing Well". Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- "Silver Birch, Blood Moon". Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "Weird Detectives: Recent Investigations". Worldcat.org. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- Shifter's Wolf by Patricia Briggs
- "Cry Wolf: Alpha and Omega". worldcat.org. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- Mercyverse Timeline
- Patricia Briggs' Official Site
- Night Owl Reviews – Patricia Briggs Magazine Interview
- Fantastic Fiction – Patricia Briggs Biography
- Crescent Blue Author Interview: "Patricia Briggs"
- Novel synopses, cover art, and reviews at Fantasy Literature.net
- Fan Page, Spanish[permanent dead link]
- Patricia Briggs at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Fantasy News-Interview: "Patricia Briggs"