Patricia E. Deegan is a disability-rights advocate, psychologist and researcher living in the United States. She is known as an advocate of the mental health recovery movement and is an international speaker and trainer in the field of mental health.
Deegan received her B.S. from Fitchburg State College in 1977 and her PhD in clinical psychology from Duquesne University in 1984. As of 2010, she is an adjunct professor at the Dartmouth College Medical School, Department of Community and Family Medicine and the Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
- 2015 Wayne Fenton Award for Exceptional Clinical Care
- 2013 APA Gold Award: Amplifying the Voices of Individuals Who Use Mental Health Services: A Commitment to Shared Decision Making
- 2013 Scattergood Foundation Innovation Award
- 2013 New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS) Lifetime Achievement Award
- Patient Empowerment by the Ashoka Changemakers Foundation finalist in the international competition
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality recognition as a practice innovation
- "Patricia Deegan: Prophet and Practitioner of Recovery". Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- "Edge of Sanity". This American Life. Episode 52. 31 January 1997. 17:27 minutes in.
- Knich, Diane (9 April 2002). "Hearing the Voices" (fee required). The Washington Post.
- Boodman, Sandra G. (12 February 2002). "'Beautiful' -- but Not Rare -- Recovery" (fee required). The Washington Post.
- Ragsdale, Kathie Neff (12 December 1999). "Once haunted, now they help fight for the mentally ill". The Eagle-Tribune.
- Ferreira da Costa, Joana (9 November 1999). "Tinha 18 anos e neguei a esquizofrenia". Terca Feira.
- Frese, Frederick J.; Knight, Edward L.; Saks, Elyn (March 2009). "Recovery From Schizophrenia: With Views of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and Others Diagnosed With This Disorder". Schizophrenia Bulletin. 35 (2): 370–380. doi:10.1093/schbul/sbn175. PMC . PMID 19304812.
- "Patricia E. Deegan, Ph.D. - Institute for the Study of Human Resilience". Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "Dartmouth Medical School - Faculty Database". Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- Patricia Deegan's Company
- Recovery and the Conspiracy of Hope, a lecture by Patricia Deegan
- Recovery From Mental Disorders, a lecture by Patricia Deegan
|This biography of an American psychologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|