Patricia Ann Haines
3 February 1932
|Died||25 February 1977 (aged 45)|
(m. 1955; div. 1962)
Born in Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire Haines is best known for her television work. Her credits include: Dixon of Dock Green, Steptoe and Son, The Avengers (in which she appeared in four episodes: Girl on the Trapeze [uncredited], The Nutshell, The Master Minds and Who's Who???), Danger Man, Public Eye, The Baron, Softly, Softly, Adam Adamant Lives!, The Champions, The Saint, Department S, Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), Up Pompeii! (as "Pussius Galoria" in an episode entitled Jamus Bondus), Emmerdale Farm, Special Branch, The Protectors and Within These Walls. Her film roles include: The Shakedown (1959 film), The Last Shot You Hear, (1969), Walk a Crooked Path, (1969), The Fast Kill, (1972), The Night Caller, (1965), and Virgin Witch, (1972), directed by Ray Austin.
She met actor Michael Caine in repertory theatre in Lowestoft, Suffolk at the Arcadia Theatre (now the East Coast Cinema in London Road South) with Jackson Stanley's 'Standard Players'. On 3 April 1954 she had married Maurice Micklewhite (aka Michael Scott and later Sir Michael Caine CBE) at Lothingland Register Office before moving on to London. They were married until 1962 and had a daughter, Dominique. She married actor Bernard Kay in 1963.
- Week commencing 22 May 1953 as Lottie Clegg in Bed, Board & Romance
- W/c 5 October 1953 as Mrs Titterton in Artificial Silk
- W/c 23 November 1953 as Mrs Gulch in Jonty Dewhurst's The House on the Moor
- W/c 30 November 1953 as Lydia Waring in a drama entitled The Loving Elms
- W/c 7 December 1953 as Matron in This Is My Life
- W/c 14 December 1953 as Lola Salvani in Piccadilly Alibi by Guy Paxton & Edward V. Hoille
- W/c 21 December 1953 as Olivier Meldon in the Christmas play But Once a Year
- W/c 28 December 1953 as Bubbles Merton in Dennis Staveley's Charley's Uncle
- W/c 4 January 1954 as Diana Wayne in a thriller called Peril on the Pier
- W/c 18 January 1954 as Joanna Cooper in the Wilfred Massey play The Feminine Touch
- W/c 1 February 1954 as Dr Harrington in John Essex's play The 10.5 Never Stops
- W/c 22 February 1954 as Fenella in Joan Morgan's This Was a Woman
- The Shakedown (1960) - Modelling Student (uncredited)
- Clue of the Silver Key (1961) - Policewoman
- The Night Caller (1965) - Ann Barlow
- The Last Shot You Hear (1969) - Anne Nordeck
- Walk a Crooked Path (1969) - Nancy Coleman
- Virgin Witch (1971) - Sybil Waite
- The Fast Kill (1972) - Victoria Leach
- Hall, William (2000). Arise, Sir Michael Caine: The Biography. John Blake. ISBN 978-1903402023.
- "Patricia Haines". BFI. Retrieved 4 March 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Noble, Peter, ed. (1974). British Film and Television Year Book, Volumes 29-30. Cinema TV Today.
- Two Against the Underworld: The Collected Unauthorised Guide to The Avengers Series 1 by McGinlay, Hayes, and Hayes, pg. 161.
- Hayward, Anthony (25 January 2015). "Bernard Kay: Character actor who was best known on the big screen in". The Independent. Retrieved 4 March 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Jerome, Jim (27 March 2000). "Caine Enables". People. Retrieved 18 May 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)