Patricia Heights, Edmonton
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Sarah Hamilton|
|• Total||0.65 km2 (0.25 sq mi)|
|Elevation||670 m (2,200 ft)|
|• Density||2,693.8/km2 (6,977/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-2.3%|
Patricia Heights is a neighbourhood in west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is bounded by the Patricia Ravine of the North Saskatchewan River valley and ravine system to the south and southwest, the Westridge neighbourhood to the west, the Elmwood and Lynnwood neighbourhoods across Whitemud Drive to the north, and the Rio Terrace neighbourhood across 149 Street to the east.
Approximately 59% of the homes in Patricia Heights were built during the 1960s with 28% being built in the 1970s.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Patricia Heights had a population of 1,751 living in 731 dwellings, a -2.3% change from its 2009 population of 1,793. With a land area of 0.65 km2 (0.25 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,693.8 people/km2 in 2012.
Vehicle access to Patricia Heights is limited to the 159 Street interchange along Whitemud Drive and the 156 Street overpass over Whitemud Drive.
Pedestrian access to the neighbourhood is available by a trail from Westridge through the Patricia Ravine to the southwest and from Elmwood via a pedestrian bridge over the Whitemud Drive.
The Patricia Heights Shopping Centre, a strip mall, is located in the neighbourhood on the west side of 156 Street.
The Patricia Heights Elementary School, operated by Edmonton Public Schools, is located within the neighbourhood.
The Jewish Community Centre of Edmonton was located in the southeast corner of the neighbourhood on the west side of 156 Street, overlooking the confluence of the Patricia Ravine and the North Saskatchewan River valley.
In 2005, 310 or 46% of the dwelling units in Patricia Heights were single-family dwellings, while 365 or 54% were low-rise apartments (fewer than five storeys). Of the 675 total dwelling units, 357 or 53% were occupied by renters in 2005.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Welcome to Edmonton Maps". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Rio Terrace Community League". Rio Terrace Community League. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- Kuban, Ron (2005). Edmonton's Urban Villages: The Community League Movement. University of Alberta Press. ISBN 9781459303249.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "ETS Day Map" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. 2012-04-29. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "A Community Profile: Patricia Heights" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2012-04-29.