Patricia Kennedy Grimsted
Patricia Kennedy Grimsted (born 1935) is a historian focused on the dispossession and restitution of cultural materials during and after World War Two. She is a leading authority on archives in the former Soviet Union and its successor states.
Grimsted is an associate at the Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies and a senior research associate at the Ukrainian Research Institute, both at Harvard University, and an honorary Fellow of the International Institute of Social History in Amsterdam. Her books have been called "the best guide" to archives of the former Soviet Union.
- Archives of Russia: a directory and bibliographic guide to holdings in Moscow and St. Petersburg. M.E. Sharpe (2000)
- A Handbook for archival research in the USSR. International Research and Exchanges Board (1989)
- The foreign ministers of Alexander I: political attitudes and the conduct of Russian diplomacy, 1801-1825. University of California Press (1969)
- Archives and manuscript repositories in the USSR: Moscow and Leningrad. Princeton University Press (1972)
- Trophies of war and empire : the archival heritage of Ukraine, World War II, and the international politics of restitution (2001)
- The "Lithuanian Metrica" in Moscow and Warsaw: reconstructing the archives of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania : including an annotated edition of the 1887 inventory compiled by Stanisław Ptaszycki. Institute of History of the Polish Academy of Sciences (1984)
- Returned from Russia: Nazi archival plunder in Western Europe and recent restitution issues. Institute of Art and Law (2007)
- Spoils of War Returned: U.S. Restitution of Nazi-Looted Cultural Treasures to the USSR, 1945 - 1959, Prologue, Fall 2002, Vol. 34, No. 3
- ArcheoBiblioBase, a database of information about nearly 700 archives in the Russian Federation
- ARCAblog interview with Grimsted
- "Patricia Kennedy Grimsted", International Institute of Social History (Amsterdam), retrieved 2013-06-15
- Boxer, Sarah (16 August 1999). "International Sleuthing Adds Insight About Bach". The New York Times. p. 1.
- Bohlen, Celestine (14 December 2002). "A Stray Record of Stalinist Horrors Finds Its Way Home". The New York Times. p. 9.
- "Patricia Kennedy Grimsted", Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies, Harvard University, retrieved 2013-06-15
- "Patricia Kennedy Grimsted", Ukrainian Research Institute, Harvard University, retrieved 2013-06-15
- Serhy Yekelchyk (2004). Stalin's Empire of Memory: Russian-Ukrainian Relations in the Soviet Historical Imagination. University of Toronto Press. p. 199. ISBN 978-0-8020-8808-6. Retrieved 14 June 2013.