McPherson has made guest appearances in a variety of television shows including Dynasty, Starman, Murder She Wrote, MacGyver, Matlock, and Star Trek: The Next Generation. She retired from acting in 1991, although she made a cameo appearance as a Regent in the Syfy television series Warehouse 13 in 2009.
She is known for her role in the 1980s TV series Knight Rider as Bonnie Barstow, KITT's mechanic. She appeared in season one and was absent from season two, but she was subsequently asked to return to the show, which she did in the season-three opener, remaining from 1984 until the end of the series in 1986.
She is very active conserving wildlife and the forests; her efforts have included helping in attempts to preserve the Ballona Wetlands in southern California and working with the Ballona Wetlands Trust to sue the Playa Vista community for failure to take action concerning methane.
- Warehouse 13 (2009) (TV) as Regent
- Matlock: The Witness Killings (1991) (TV) as Karen Sylvester
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1988) (TV) as Ariel
- Dynasty (1988) (TV) as Victoria Aynders
- MacGyver (1987) (TV) as Michelle 'Mike' Forester
- Knight Rider (1982–83, 1984–86) (TV) as Bonnie Barstow
- O'Rourke, Peggy (February 27, 1985). "Ask TV Scout". The Index-Journal. South Carolina, Greenwood. p. 5. Retrieved August 13, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Warehouse 13 - Breakdown (TV episode 2009)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Female roles being revamped on NBC shows". The Times Leader. Pennsylvania, Wilkes-Barre. Knight-Ridder Newspapers. May 22, 1984. p. 40. Retrieved June 23, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Bonnie Barstow (Patricia McPherson)". knight-online.info. Archived from the original on 2011-04-19. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- O'Hallaren, Bill (1986-01-04). "Boy, Has She Got Car Troubles". TV Guide. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Playa Vista Methane Gas Misinformation". New Century Realty. Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- Playa Vista, Los Angeles, California#Methane
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|