Patricia O'Brien (academic)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Patricia Colleen O'Brien (born April 9, 1955, New Jersey) is a Professor of Accounting at the University of Waterloo, School of Accounting and Finance, and she is also the associate director of Research & PhD there.[clarification needed]
- BA (Cornell)
- MBA (Chicago)
- PhD (Chicago)
O'Brien was also employed as an associate professor in York University, London Business School, and the University of Michigan Business School. She has also been a visiting professor at Stanford University Graduate School of Business, and at the University of Amsterdam Faculty of Economics and Econometrics.
She is also involved in various professional services. She was on the editorial board of the Journal of Accounting Research from 2003 to 2009, and is still on the editorial board of the Journal of Accounting and Public Policy and at the Accounting Review. She is also an Academic Advisory Council member at the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
O'Brien's main research interests are in the field of information in capital markets. This includes preparation and interpretation of financial disclosures, the effects of disclosures on capital markets, and the role of financial analysts as information intermediaries.
- Weil, Roman L., Patricia O'Brien, Michael M. Maher, Clyde P. Stickney, and Kathleen Fitzgerald, Accounting: The Language of Business, Sun Lakes, AZ: Thomas Horton and Daughters, 11th Edition, 2005.
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Hilton, Andrew S. and Patricia C. O’Brien, 'Inco Ltd.: Market Value, Fair Value and Management Discretion,' Journal of Accounting Research 47:1 (March 2009) pp. 179–211.
- O'Brien, C. Patricia, Maureen F. McNichols and Hsiou-wei Lin, 'Analyst Impartiality and Investment Banking Relationships', Journal of Accounting Research, volume 43:4, Sept, 2005, pg. 623-650.
- McNichols, Maureen, and Patricia C. O'Brien, 'Self Selection and Analyst Coverage', Journal of Accounting Research, 35, Supplement, 1997, pg. 167-199.
- Austen-Smith, David, and Patricia C. O'Brien, 'Takeover Defenses and Shareholder Voting', Economica, May 1992, pg. 199-219.
- O'Brien, Patricia, 'Forecast Accuracy of Individual Analysts in Nine Industries', Journal of Accounting Research, 28:2, 1990, pg. 286-304.
- O'Brien, Patricia, and Ravi Bushan., 'Analyst Following and Institutional Holding', Journal of Accounting Research, 28, Supplement, 1990, pg. 55-76.
- O'Brien, Patricia, 'Analysts' Forecasts as Earnings Expectations', Journal of Accounting and Economics, 10:1, 1988, pg. 53-83.
- Faculty Profile of School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo, http://artsonline.uwaterloo.ca/safprofile/view_profile.php?id=33
- Patricia O'Brien personal web site, http://arts.uwaterloo.ca/~pobrien/
- P.C. O'Brien, 1955 - at the University of Amsterdam Album Academicum
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|