Patricia "Pat" Annette Smith (née Southall) (born 1971) is an American founder and spokesperson of Treasure You and the wife of former Dallas Cowboys running back and Pro Football Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith. The former beauty queen from Chesapeake, Virginia is a James Madison University journalism graduate who won the Miss Virginia USA crown in late 1993. Representing Virginia in the Miss USA 1994 pageant, Southall placed first runner-up to Lu Parker of South Carolina.
Over the course of their marriage, Pat and Emmitt Smith have been significant donors to a variety of causes and non-profit organizations through Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities. In 2012, the couple's charitable organization, Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities, was among the people and organizations honored at the Trumpet Awards.
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Southall was married to actor-comedian Martin Lawrence from 1995 to 1997. She and Lawrence met in the summer of 1992, while she was working in Gov. L. Douglas Wilder's media office. Lawrence was appearing in Richmond at a Def Comedy Jam concert. Lawrence and Southall have one child together, daughter Jasmine Page Lawrence (born January 15, 1996). They divorced in 1997.
Southall married football star Emmitt Smith on April 22, 2000. They have three children together: sons Emmitt James IV (born May 15, 2002) and Elijah Alexander James (born September 22, 2010), and daughter Skylar Smith (born October 15, 2003). Southall is also the stepmother to Rheagen Smith (born November 2, 1998), who is Smith's daughter with ex-girlfriend Hope Wilson. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta sorority.
- Little, Robert (1994-02-13). "Mom's Death Inspired Miss USA contender". The Virginia Pilot. Retrieved 2007-02-22.
- 2012 Trumpet Awards Honorees
- Pat Smith Joins Women of Faith Team | Women of Faith
- Prejean, Jeanne. "Pat and Emmitt Smith Welcome Elijah Alexander James Smith". DMagazine.com. D Magazine Partners, Inc. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- Sarie (Sep 3, 2013). "Emmitt Smith And His 'Mega' Family". Singers and their Kids. Black Celeb Kids.
- "Pulse of the CITY". D Magazine. D Magazine Partners, Inc. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Miriam (August 8, 2010). "Patricia Southall Smith: Emmitt Smith's Wife Biography (Photos, Video)". Patricia Southall Smith, Emmitt Smith's wife. Right Fielders.