Patricia T. Holland
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Patricia Terry Holland is a Latter-day Saint writer and leader. She was as a member of the General Presidency of the Young Women organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from 1984 to 1986. From 1980 to 1989, Holland was "first lady" of Brigham Young University (BYU) where her husband, Jeffrey R. Holland, was president.
Holland studied at LDS Business College (LDSBC) in 1961, and later studied at Dixie College and the Juilliard School. In 1963 she married Jeffery R. Holland, whom she had dated during high school in St. George, Utah. In 1984, Holland was called as first counselor to Ardeth G. Kapp in the General Presidency of the LDS Young Women organization. She was released in 1986 to fulfill obligations at BYU, where her husband was president. Holland was succeeded by Maurine J. Turley, who had been serving as the second counselor in the Young Women General Presidency.
In 2000, Holland published a book "A Quiet Heart" about responding to chaos. This book won the Association for Mormon Letters Award in 2000 for devotional literature. In 2012, she received the "Distinguished Alumnus Award" from LDSBC for her contributions to the family, her church, and community.
Speeches and publications
- Jeffrey R. Holland and Patricia T. Holland, "The Demands of Discipleship", BYU Speeches, 1983-09-13
- Patricia T. Holland, "The Fruits of Peace", Ensign, June 1984
- Jeffrey R. Holland and Patricia T. Holland, "In the Thick of Life's Urgencies", BYU Speeches, 1984-09-11
- Jeffrey R. Holland and Patricia T. Holland, "Unless You're a Mormon", BYU Speeches, 1986-09-09
- Patricia T. Holland, "The Soul's Center", BYU Speeches, 1987-01-13
- Patricia T. Holland, "Fear Not", BYU Speeches, 1987-09-15
- Patricia T. Holland, "'One Thing Needful': Becoming Women of Greater Faith in Christ", Ensign, October 1987
- Patricia T. Holland, "Filling the Measure of Your Creation", BYU Speeches, 1989-01-17
- Jeffrey R. Holland and Patricia T. Holland, On Earth as it is in Heaven (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book, 1994) ISBN 978-0875791869
- Patricia T. Holland, "God's Covenant of Peace", BYU Women's Conference, 1999
- Patricia T. Holland, A Quiet Heart (Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft, 2000) ISBN 978-1573458016
- Jeffrey R. Holland and Patricia T. Holland, "What Time Is This?", BYU Women's Conference, 2007
- Deseret News, March 30, 2012 article on Holland mainly about her being recognized by LDS Business College
- Jeffery R. Holland, lds.org
- "Two Called to Young Women General Presidency", Ensign, July 1984.
- "New Counselor in Young Women General Presidency", Ensign, May 1986
- Marianne Holman, "Sister Patricia T. Holland honored at LDS Business College's 125th graduation" Church News, April 13, 2012.
- UVU Review article on Holland