Patricia Ziegfeld Stephenson
|Patricia Burke Ziegfeld Stephenson|
Patricia Ziegfeld (center)
with her parents in 1930
|Born||Patricia Burke Ziegfeld
October 23, 1916
New York City, New York
|Died||April 11, 2008
Los Angeles, California
|Cause of death||Congestive heart failure|
|Spouse(s)||William Robert Stephenson
(m.1939–2007; his death)
|Children||William Robert Stephenson Jr.
Patricia Ziegfeld was born in New York City in 1916 to Florenz Ziegfeld and Billie Burke. She grew up in Hastings-on-Hudson in Westchester County, New York. She also lived at the family's home in Palm Beach, Florida.
She married William Robert Stephenson, Sr. (1912-2007) on June 11, 1939. She met Stephenson while he was working as a dance instructor at the Beverly Hills Hotel. He designed homes including the General Electric show home for Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan. They had four children: Cecilia Duncan Stephenson, Florenz Crossley Stephenson, Susan Plemons Stephenson, and William Robert Stephenson, Jr.
In 1963 she published an autobiography, The Ziegfeld's Girl: Confessions of an Abnormally Happy Childhood. She also wrote the introduction for a biography of her father, The Ziegfeld Touch: The Life and Times of Florenz Ziegfeld Jr, which was written by her cousins, Richard and Paulette Ziegfeld.
- "Patricia Ziegfeld Stephenson, Daughter of Legendary Broadway Impresario". Jazz News. April 25, 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Robert Simonson (April 27, 2008). "Patricia Ziegfeld Stephenson, Daughter of Famous Broadway Showman, Dies". Playbill. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
Patricia Ziegfeld Stephenson, the only daughter of legendary Broadway impresario Florenz Ziegfeld and actress Billie Burke, died of congestive heart failure April 11 at her home in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Times reported. She was 91. ...
- "Engaged". Time (magazine). April 24, 1939. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
Patricia Ziegfeld, 22, only daughter of Cinemactress Billie Burke and the late Florenz Ziegfeld; to William Stephenson, 26, dance instructor; in Hollywood.
- "Patricia Ziegfeld To Wed. Late Producer's Daughter to Be Bride of William Stephenson.". Associated Press in New York Times. April 15, 1939. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
Miss Patricia Ziegfeld, daughter of the late Florenz Ziegfeld and of Billie Burke. Mr. Stephenson is a native of Norfolk, Va.
- "Patricia Ziegfeld Wed.". New York Times. April 15, 1939. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
Patricia Ziegfeld, daughter Billie Burke, motion-picture actress, and the late Florenz Ziegfeld, producer, was married today to William Robert Stephenson, ...