This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
September 6, 1999|
|Associated acts||Jay Chou|
Patrick Brasca (Chinese: 派偉俊, born September 6, 1999) is a Canadian-Taiwanese pop singer and songwriter known for singing the theme song "Try" of the film Kung Fu Panda 3. The song also features Jay Chou.
Patrick Brasca is of mixed European and Chinese heritage. He learned African drums when he was just three and learned the acoustic guitar when he was 9. At the age of 11, he had already set his hopes on becoming a singer. At the mere age of 13, while taking part in a variety show hosted by Harlem Yu, Brasca met Jay Chou, who signed him to his record company JVR Music. Brasca also uses the mononym Patrick in some of his recordings.
On 29 October 2015, he released the single "Can't Lose You Now" (Chinese: 保護你) with an accompanying music video. It became part of the soundtrack of popular Taiwanese TV series Love or Spend (Chinese: 戀愛鄰距離; pinyin: liàn'ài lín jù lí). Brasca followed up this release with "My Time" (我的時代) on 20 November 2015 and "I Like You" on 17 December 2015. The two songs were included on his first EP single also called My Time in 2015.
The Taiwanese musician, pop singer, songwriter, record producer, director and actor Jay Chou suggested that Brasca become part of the soundtrack of 2016 American-Chinese computer-animated action comedy martial arts film Kung Fu Panda 3, produced by DreamWorks Animation and Oriental DreamWorks. The bilingual theme song from the film titled "Try" featured Patrick Brasca (in English) and Jay Chou (in Chinese). Brasca took part in the writing of the English lyrics of the track. The soundtrack album was released on January 22, 2016 with Brasca and Jay Chou's "Try" as its title track.
In popular culture
- My Time (2015) [2 track EP: "Can't Lose You Now" (4:07) / "My Time (4:03)]
- Love or Spend (2015)
- "Can't Lose You Now" (Chinese: 保護你)  (2015)
- "My Time" (Chinese: 我的時代) 
- "I Like You" (Chinese: 我喜歡你) 
- Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016)
- "Superpower" (2017) (closing song)
- "Be Strong" (theme song of the 2016 International Children's Games) (2016) 
- "奇市江湖" (theme song of the 2017 Taobao Marketplace Festival) 
- Jocelle Koh (16 November 2015). "Jay Chou's apprentice Patrick Brasca releases single Can't Lose You Now". Hello Asia (Australia). Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Clifford Coonan (January 23, 2015). "'Kung Fu Panda 3' Gets Co-Production Status in China". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- Shaun (27 January 2016). "Jay Chou's Favorite Pupil: Patrick Brasca". Billboard Radio China (BRC). Archived from the original on 1 February 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- 陈博渊. "Jay Chou sings for very Chinese 'Kung Fu Panda 3'".