|John Patrick Connick|
|Louisiana State Representative for District 84 (Jefferson Parish)|
|Preceded by||N. J. Damico|
|Residence||Harvey, Jefferson Parish
|Alma mater||Loyola University New Orleans|
|Religion||Roman Catholicism|
John Patrick Connick, known as Patrick Connick (born March 1961), is an attorney in Marrero, Louisiana, who has been since 2008 a Republican member of the Louisiana House of Representatives for District 84 in suburban Jefferson Parish. He is the younger brother of Jefferson Parish District Attorney Paul Connick, the nephew of former Orleans Parish District Attorney and singer Harry Connick, Sr., and a first cousin of singer/actor Harry Connick, Jr.
In 1979, Connick graduated from Archbishop Shaw High School. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1983 from the Catholic Loyola University in New Orleans. Ten years later, in 1993, Connick received his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law.
For his first term in the House, Connick, who had no previous political experience, ran without opposition in the nonpartisan blanket primary held on October 20, 2007, for the seat vacated by the three-term Democrat N.J. Damico. He serves on these House committees: (1) Appropriations, (2) Governmental Affairs, (3) Judiciary, (4) Executive, and (5) Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget.
In 2010, Connick supported the conservative Louisiana Family Forum 80 percent of the time, compared to 100 percent in 2009. He received 100 percent from the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry in 2010 but only 58 percent in 2009. He was rated 100% in 2009 by the Louisiana Right to Life Federation.
In June 2011, Connick obtained House approval of a resolution authorizing the state legislative auditor, Darry Purpera, to examine possible improper uses of toll revenues in metropolitan New Orleans. Connick has been a critic of certain spending practices of the Crescent City Connection, a section of the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development.
- "J. Patrrick Connick Law Offices". yelp.com. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Membership in the Louisiana House of Representatives, 1812-2012" (PDF). house.louisiana.gov. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Jeremy Alford, "The Connick Connections," August 27, 2010". thejeffersonreport.com. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Rep. Patrick Connick". house.louisiana.gov. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Louisiana primary election returns, October 20, 2007". staticresults.sos.la.gov. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Representative Patrick Connick (LA)". votesmart.org. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- Ed Anderson. ""House authorizes auditor to examine uses of CCC toll revenue, contracts," June 22, 2011". New Orleans Times-Picayune. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Candidate Guide, Fall 2011". League of Women Voters of New Orleans, Louisiana. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Representative Patrick Connick". pledgeyourvote.net. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
|Louisiana House of Representatives|
N. J. Damico
|Louisiana State Representative for District 84 (Jefferson Parish)
John Patrick Connick