|Cardinal, Archbishop emeritus of Dhaka|
|Church||Roman Catholic Church|
|Installed||22 October 2011|
|Term ended||30 September 2020|
|Other posts||Cardinal-Priest of Nostra Signora del Santissimo Sacramento e Santi Martiri Canadesi (2016-)|
|Ordination||8 October 1972|
|Consecration||12 September 1990|
by Theotonius Gomes
|Created cardinal||19 November 2016|
by Pope Francis
|Birth name||Patrick D'Rozario|
|Born||1 October 1943|
Padrishibpur, Barisal, British India (now Bangladesh)
|Previous post||Bishop of Rajshahi (1990-1995)|
Bishop of Chittagong (1995-2010)
Coadjutor Archbishop of Dhaka (2010-2011)
|Motto||"Joy in Communion"|
Ordination history of
Patrick D'Rozario, CSC
|Reference style||His Eminence|
|Spoken style||Your Eminence|
Patrick D'Rozario (Bengali: প্যাট্রিক ডি'রোজারিও, romanized: Pyāṭrika ḍi'rōjāri'ō; born 1 October 1943) is a Bangladeshi prelate of the Catholic Church who was Archbishop of Dhaka from 2011 to 2020. He became a cardinal in 2016, the first from Bangladesh. He led other dioceses in Bangladesh from 1995 to 2010.
Patrick D'Rozario was born on 1 October 1943 in Padrishibpur, Barisal, British India (now part of Bangladesh). He took his vows as a member of the Congregation of Holy Cross on 14 June 1962 and was ordained a priest by the Servant of God Archbishop Theotonius Amal Ganguly on 8 October 1972.
On 21 May 1990, Pope John Paul II appointed D'Rozario the first Bishop of Rajshahi, a diocese newly created from the Diocese of Dinajpur. He received his episcopal consecration on 12 September 1990 from Bishop Theotonius Gomes of Dinajpur. On 3 February 1995, Pope John Paul named him Bishop of Chittagong. On 25 November 2010, he was appointed Coadjutor Archbishop of Dhaka by Pope Benedict XVI. On 22 October 2011, he succeeded Archbishop Paulinus Costa as Archbishop of Dhaka.
D'Rozario is President of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Bangladesh. In that role he attended the Synod on the Family in October 2014. He has also served as Chair of the Governing Body of Notre Dame College, Dhaka.
Pope Francis raised D'Rozario to the rank of cardinal at a consistory held on 19 November 2016. He was given the rank of Cardinal-Priest and assigned the titular church of Nostra Signora del Santissimo Sacramento e Santi Martiri Canadesi. He was the second member of his order to join the College of Cardinals, after John O'Hara, Archbishop of Philadelphia, in 1958. Francis made him a member of the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development on 23 December 2017.
Pope Francis accepted D'Rozario's resignation as Archbishop of Dhaka on 30 September 2020.
- "Archbishop Patrick D'Rozario Named a Cardinal by Pope Francis". Congregation of the Holy Cross. 10 October 2016. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- Corraya, Sumon (10 October 2016). "Cardinal-designate Patrick D'Rozario: My appointment is 'a gift for Bangladesh'". Asia News. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Acta Apostolicae Sedis (PDF). LXXXII. 1990. p. 1019. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- Acta Apostolicae Sedis (PDF). LXXXVII. 1995. p. 393. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 25.11.2010" (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 25 November 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- "Dhaka gets new coadjutor archbishop: Archbishop Patrick D'Rozario says he is ready to meet challenges of new office". Union of Catholic Asian News. 26 January 2011..
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 22.10.2011" (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 22 October 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- "Patrick new chief of Catholic Church". The Daily Star (Bangladesh). 27 October 2011.
- "III Assemblea Generale Straordinaria del Sinodo dei Vescovi (5-19 ottobre 2014): Elenco dei Partecipanti, 09.09.2014" (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 9 September 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- "Notre Dame College in Dhaka Celebrates its 70th Anniversary". Congregation of the Holy Cross. 20 February 2019. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- "Titular churches and diaconates of the new cardinals, 19.11.2016" (Press release). Holy See Press Office. 19 November 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Resignations and Appointments, 23.12.2017" (Press release). Holy See Press Office. 23 December 2017. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Resignations and Appointments, 30.09.2020" (Press release). Holy See Press Office. 30 September 2020. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- "D'Rozario Card. Patrick, C.S.C." Holy See Press Office. Archived from the original on 4 September 2017. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Catholic Hierarchy
- Holy Cross Congregation
|Catholic Church titles|
| Archbishop of Dhaka
2011 – 2020
Bejoy Nicephorus D'Cruze
Joachim J. Rozario
| Bishop of Chittagong
Moses M. Costa
|New title|| Bishop of Rajshahi
| Cardinal Priest of Nostra Signora del Santissimo Sacramento e Santi Martiri Canadesi