|Member of Parliament|
for Glasgow North
|Assumed office |
8 May 2015
|Preceded by||Ann McKechin|
|Born||5 February 1980|
|Political party||Scottish National Party Plaid Cymru|
|Alma mater||University of Strathclyde|
Patrick John Grady MP (born 5 February 1980) is a Scottish National Party (SNP) politician. He was elected at the 2015 UK general election as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Glasgow North, and was re-elected for the same constituency in the 2017 general election on 8 June 2017.
He was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. He was brought up in Inverness and was educated at Inverness Royal Academy, before attending the University of Strathclyde. Between 2011 and 2015, he worked as an advocacy manager for the Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund, and has also lived and worked in London and Malawi.
Grady, who joined the Scottish National Party in 1997, aged seventeen, stood at the 2010 general election as the SNP candidate for Glasgow North. In 2012, he was elected as National Secretary of the SNP until he stood down in 2016. He headed the "Yes" campaign in the Kelvin area of Glasgow during the 2014 referendum on Scottish independence.
After being elected to the House of Commons, he was appointed as SNP Westminster Spokesperson on International Development and was a member of the House of Commons Procedure Committee. Like several SNP MPs and MSPs, he also holds membership of Plaid Cymru, although this has no formal effect in the House of Commons. After the 2017 election, he was appointed as Chief Whip of the SNP Westminster Group.
- "List of Members returned to Parliament at the General Election 2015 Scotland". The Edinburgh Gazette. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- Profile, bbc.co.uk; accessed 8 May 2015.
- Leask, David (1 June 2015). "Analysis: SNP bucks trend for privately educated MPs". The Herald. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Patrick Grady". The SNP. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- Braiden, Gerry (18 September 2014). "Key battlegrounds: Glasgow". The Herald. Newsquest. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Patrick Grady MP". UK Parliament. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "I sit on the SNP benches, but I'm a Plaid Cymru member too - Grady". BBC News. 19 March 2018. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Patrick Grady MP, Glasgow North - TheyWorkForYou". TheyWorkForYou. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Official website
- Patrick Grady on Twitter
- SNP profile
|Party political offices|
| National Secretary of the Scottish National Party
Dr Angus MacLeod
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for Glasgow North