Patrick Holland (ice hockey)
January 7, 1992 |
Lethbridge, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||175 lb (79 kg; 12 st 7 lb)|
|University of Victoria
|NHL Draft||193rd overall, 2010
Patrick Evan Holland (born January 7, 1992) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing collegiate hockey with the University of Victoria in the British Columbia Intercollegiate Hockey League. Holland was selected by the Calgary Flames in the 7th round (193rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and played 5 games in the National Hockey League (NHL) with the Montreal Canadiens. He concluded his professional career with HPK in the Finnish Liiga.
Patrick was born in Lethbridge, Alberta on January 7, 1992. He grew up playing in the Lethbridge minor hockey league until he was 16 before playing for the Tri-City Americans in the Western Hockey League.
On January 12, 2012, the Calgary Flames traded Holland, along with Rene Bourque and a 2nd round pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft (Zach Fucale), to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Mike Cammalleri, Karri Ramo, and a 5th round pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft (Ryan Culkin). On March 7, 2012, the Montreal Canadiens signed Holland to a three-year entry-level contract.
After one season within the Jets organization, Holland signed a one-year contract in Finland with Liiga club, HPK, on June 16, 2015. Holland appeared in 20 games with HPK, contributing with 9 points.
Opting to end his professional career, Holland enrolled in the University of Victoria in pursuing a degree in Computer Science. He was later recruited to play for the University's men's ice hockey side, the Vikes.
|2014–15||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||21||0||2||2||6||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Canadiens trade Cammalleri to Flames for Bourque". The Sports Network. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- "Three-year contract for Patrick Holland". Montreal Canadiens. 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2012-03-07.
- "Oilers rally past Canadiens for second straight win". National Hockey League. 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- Peters, Chris (5 October 2014). "Jets acquire G Peter Budaj in three-player trade with Canadiens". cbssports.com. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "HPK sign agreement with Canadian". HPK. 2015-06-16. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- "Former Hab Holland finds a home with Vikes Hockey team". Times Colonist. 2016-05-11. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- Patrick Holland career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Patrick Holland career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|