Patrick J. Hearden (born September 17, 1942) is the Professor of History at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana. He specializes in the history of American foreign policy. He received a Ph.D. degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1971
- Architects of Globalism: Building a New World Order During World War II, Fayetteville: The University of Arkansas Press, 2002.
- The Tragedy of Vietnam, New York: Pearson Longman, 1991.
- Roosevelt Confronts Hitler: America’s Entry into World War II, DeKalb: Northern Illinois University Press, 1987.
- Independence and Empire: The New South’s Cotton Mill Campaign, 1865-1901, DeKalb: Northern Illinois University Press, 1982.
- "Patrick J. Hearden : College of Liberal Arts : Purdue University". Archived from the original on 2010-07-06. Retrieved 2011-02-08.