This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||James Patrick Keeler|
|Born||October 6, 1975|
|Origin||West Harrison, Indiana|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, clarinet, harmonica, backing vocals|
|Associated acts||The Afghan Whigs, The Greenhornes, The Raconteurs, Soledad Brothers, Loretta Lynn, The Dirtbombs, Brendan Benson, Holly Golightly|
James Patrick Keeler is an American rock music drummer from Cincinnati, who best known for playing in The Greenhornes, The Raconteurs, and The Afghan Whigs. He plays with both traditional and matched grips.
Keeler has played with garage rock band The Greenhornes along with vocalist Craig Fox and Jack Lawrence, since 1996. The Greenhornes have released five albums to date, 'The Greenhornes', 'Gun For You', 'Dual Mono', 'East Grand Blues EP' and '★★★★'. Their song 'There Is An End', featuring Holly Golightly, was used in the Jim Jarmusch film 'Broken Flowers', starring Bill Murray.
In 2004, Keeler played drums on the Loretta Lynn album Van Lear Rose in the band that album producer Jack White put together. The band called themselves The Do Whaters, and also featured Lawrence on bass and Dave Feeny on pedal steel guitar. Despite containing three future Raconteurs, The Do Whaters share little in terms of musical styling. The Raconteurs are a band formed with long-time friends Brendan Benson, Jack White of The White Stripes and "Little" Jack Lawrence. They released their debut album, Broken Boy Soldiers, in April 2006 and its follow-up Consolers of the Lonely in March 2008.
Keeler also played two shows with fellow garage rockers The Dirtbombs in 2004. At one point, Keeler could have been a candidate as the drummer of Wolfmother, but the band's record company asked guitarist/vocalist Andrew Stockdale to hold auditions.
As of March 2015, Keeler is touring with the Afghan Whigs.
Ludwig drums in Gold Sparkle finish (2006)
12" rack tom
16" floor tom
28" bass drum
18x14" bass drum
Ludwig Black Beauty snare drum
Ludwig Stainless Steel Reissue Drum Kit (2008)
26x14" bass drum
8x12" rack tom
16x16" and 16x18" floor toms
Ludwig Black Beauty 6.5x14 reissue snare w/tube lugs
Ludwig 6.5x14 Supra-Phonic reissue snare
Paiste Giant Beat Cymbals
DW hardware - DW 6000 series stands
Ludwig standard kick drum pedal (not a Speed King)
Remo heads (either Ambassadors or Emperors on all drums)
Vater Studio sticks/stick holders
Ludwig Green Vistalite Drum Kit (2011) Ludwig released a signature Patrick Keeler kit from their Vistalite line.
- The Greenhornes - Gun For You (1999)
- The Greenhornes - The Greenhornes (2001)
- The Greenhornes - Dual Mono (2002)
- Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (2004)
- The Greenhornes - East Grand Blues EP (2005)
- The Dirtbombs - If You Don't Already Have a Look (2005)
- The Greenhornes - Sewed Soles (2005)
- The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers (2006)
- The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely (2008)
- The Greenhornes - ★★★★ (2010)
- Jack White - Blunderbuss (2012)
- Jack White - Lazaretto (album) (2014)
- Patrick Keeler profile Allmusic.com Retrieved: 2009-10-08
- Patrick Berkery Patrick Keeler - Steady as she goes moderndrummer.com Retrieved: 2009-10-08
- Paiste artist - Patrick Keeler paiste.com Retrieved: 2009-10-08
- Ludwig artists ludwig-drums.com Retrieved: 2009-10-08