Kohlmann playing for Union Berlin in 2009.
|Full name||Patrick Kohlmann|
|Date of birth||25 February 1983|
|Place of birth||Dortmund, West Germany|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|1990–1992||BV Westfalia Wickede|
|1992–1993||TSC Eintracht Dortmund|
|2002–2007||Borussia Dortmund II||108||(3)|
|2003–2004||Republic of Ireland U21||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Patrick Kohlmann (born 25 February 1983) is a German-Irish retired football player and current assistant coach at Holstein Kiel. A Borussia Dortmund youth exponent, he played as a defender for Holstein Kiel, 1. FC Union Berlin, Rot-Weiß Erfurt, and Borussia Dortmund II.
Born in Dortmund to a German father and Irish mother, Kohlmann began his football career with BV Westfalia Wickede, before moving on to TSC Eintracht Dortmund. In 1993, he impressed Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and signed for their youth team.
Kohlmann stayed at Borussia Dortmund for 14 years, where he elevated from youth player to playing for the reserves. His chances with the first team were limited, often as an unused sub. He finally got his chance in 2004 versus 1. FC Kaiserslautern but went off with a bad knee injury. It was to be his only season as a first team squad member. For the reserve team, he made 101 Regionalliga appearances with 2 goals.
Kohlmann represented the Republic of Ireland national under-21 football team five times. He made his debut on 19 August 2003, against Poland. He was also in the squad of Irish U-20 in 2000. Kohlmann was eligible to represent Ireland because of his Irish mother.
- "7 Patrick Kohlmann" (in German). FC Union Berlin. Archived from the original on 3 April 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- "BVB weiter im freien Fall". kicker Online (in German). 13 November 2004. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Störche verpflichten Patrick Kohlmann". Kieler Nachrichten (in German). 8 June 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Kiels Kohlmann: Trainerstab oder Dortmund?". kicker Online (in German). 24 May 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Kohlmann rückt ins Trainerteam auf". Sportbuzzer (in German). Kieler Nachrichten. 2 June 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- Hardie, David (25 July 2012). "Hibs' Tim Clancy enjoys re-Union with childhood chum". Edinburgh Evening News. Johnston Press. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Profile at kicker Online
- Patrick Kohlmann at WorldFootball.net
- Patrick Kohlmann at fussballdaten.de (in German)
|This biographical article relating to Republic of Ireland association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|