Patrick Lange Ironman Kraichgau 2015
|Born||25 August 1986|
Bad Wildungen, Hesse, West Germany
|Coached by||Faris Al-Sultan|
Patrick Lange (25 August 1986) is a professional duathlete and triathlete from Germany. He is the 2017 Ironman World Champion and the 2018 Ironman World Champion both times breaking the course record. Lange is also the 2010-2013 German champion in duathlon and the 2012 and 2013 German champion in team triathlon with EJOT Team TV Buschhütten.
In 2018 he won the Ironman World Championships in Kona for second consecutive year with a new course record of 7:52:38, the first time the race has been finished in under 8 hours. At the 2016 Ironman World Championships, Lange had a breakthrough performance and placed third behind Jan Frodeno and Sebastian Kienle. Lange completed a 48:57 swim, a 4:37:39 bike and a 2:39:45 run (the current marathon record in Ironman World Championships) to finish in 8:11:14. In 2017, Lange placed first at the Ironman World Championship. Having completed a 48:45 swim, a 4:28:53 bike and a 2:40:00 run, Lange won the race in a total time of 8:01:40, beating Craig Alexander's 2011 record of 8:03:56. After breaking the course record, during celebrations, Lange duly apologized to Craig Alexander for breaking his previously held record.
- "Patrick Lange Celebrates Title Hat Trick" (in German). tri-mag.de. 2 May 2012. Archived from the original on 13 April 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Oberurseler Altstadt Duathlon 2012" (PDF). Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "2012 Nancy ITU Duathlon World Championships Results Team I Germany". International Triathlon Union. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Ironman World Championship 2016 Results". Ironman. Ironman. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Empfield, Dan (14 October 2017). "Patrick Lange Wins the Hawaiian Ironman". Slowtwitch. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Lange quält sich durch Frankfurter Ironman-Hölle". hessenchau.de. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
| German Sportsman of the Year
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patrick Lange.|
|This biographical article related to a German athlete known for competing in triathlons is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|