Patrick M. Knapp Schwarzenegger
|Patrick M. Knapp Schwarzenegger|
Patrick Mario Knapp Schwarzenegger|
February 2, 1968
German School of Lisbon|
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Southern California Law School
|Occupation||Attorney and businessman|
Gustav Schwarzenegger (Paternal Grandfather)|
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Uncle)
Maria Shriver (Aunt)
Patrick Schwarzenegger (Cousin)
Katherine Schwarzenegger (Cousin)
Christina Schwarzenegger (Cousin)
Christopher Schwarzenegger (Cousin)
Christian Schwarzenegger (Cousin)
Joseph Baema (Cousin)
Patrick M. Knapp Schwarzenegger (born February 2, 1968) also known under his mother’s maiden name as Patrick Knapp, is an Austrian-American attorney based in Los Angeles, California. He is the son of Meinhard Schwarzenegger and Erika Knapp, and nephew of bodybuilder, actor and former Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger was born in Munich, Germany. He is the only child of Erika Knapp (died in 1999) and Meinhard Schwarzenegger, elder brother and only sibling of former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. On May 20, 1971, Patrick’s father Meinhard Schwarzenegger, died in a tragic car accident in Kitzbuehel, Austria, when Patrick was three years old. Patrick was raised by his mother and grandparents in Austria and Germany. In 1981 at age 13 he moved to Lisbon, Portugal, where he attended the German School of Lisbon. In 1987 Patrick graduated with the German Abitur High School Diploma and that same summer he emigrated to the United States to attend college with the help of his uncle Arnold Schwarzenegger.
In 1991 Knapp Schwarzenegger graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with degrees in Economics and Political Science and briefly worked for Congressman Lee H. Hamilton (D-Indiana), Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Between 1992 and 1995 Knapp Schwarzenegger attended law school and in May 1995 he graduated with a Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California School of Law. His legal experience includes work in the Sony Music legal department in New York under the helm of Tommy Mottola in 1994, and during his last year of law school Knapp Schwarzenegger worked at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office. That same year he was admitted to practice law in California and joined the Beverly Hills based entertainment law firm Bloom, Dekom & Hergott, currently known as Bloom, Hergott, Diemer, Rosenthal, Laviolette, Feldman, Schenkman and Goodman. His legal practice focuses on the transactional representation of TV and motion picture actors, writers, directors and producers. In 2003 Knapp Schwarzenegger became a partner at Bloom Hergott.
Knapp Schwarzenegger is serving as an advisor to his uncle Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Season 8 of the Mark Burnett produced NBC television show "The New Celebrity Apprentice", with some of the other advisors being Tyra Banks, Warren Buffett, Jessica Alba and Steve Ballmer.
In 1999 Knapp Schwarzenegger's mother Erika Knapp died following a two year battle with cancer. On April 30, 2005 Knapp Schwarzenegger married Texas born model turned publicist Bliss Ellis. The couple reside in Los Angeles with their four children, Valentina, Franziska, Leonardo, and Mario. In 2006 Knapp Schwarzenegger became a naturalized U.S. citizen. Before he gained his U.S. citizenship, he asked the Austrian Government for the right to keep his Austrian citizenship, as Austria does not usually allow dual citizenship. His request was granted, and he is now a dual citizen of the Federal Republic of Austria and the United States.
- "Schwarzenegger Family Tree". MyHeritage.com.
- POSTNER, TOM; ROURA, PHIL (1990-04-03). "NEW YORK OVERNIGHT : Schwarzenegger 'Like a Father' to His Nephew". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "Jackie Chan Returns To CAA, Plots China Expansion Plans". Deadline. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "Arnold Schwarzenegger puts movie comeback on hold". edition.cnn.com. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "Speakeasy - WSJ". WSJ. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- "Maria Owings Shriver Wed To Arnold Schwarzenegger". The New York Times. 1986-04-27. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- "Stock Photo - Nephew of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Patrick Knapp (L), and actor Ralf Moeller pose during the legendary Hahnenkamm Race in Kitzbuehel, Austria, 26 January 2013. This weekend". Alamy. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Michelle Hannett (2011-07-12). ""It's Official: Lionsgate To Make THE LAST STAND With Arnold Schwarzenegger"". Wearemoviegeeks.com. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- "Arnold Schwarzenegger Aligns With Javier Gullon Script '478'". Deadline. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Glu Launches Sniper X With Jason Statham https://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/22/ca-glu-mobile-idUSnBw225216a+100+BSW20151022#MeoHomQEIL4DbOSE.97
- Anchor Bay Pacts For Two Steve Austin Action Stunners http://deadline.com/2013/02/anchor-bay-steve-austin-stone-cold-kill-em-all-john-425683/
- Nicolas Cage’s Political Drama ‘The Runner’ Bought by Alchemy https://variety.com/2015/film/news/nicolas-cage-political-drama-the-runner-1201513294/
- Jackie Chan Returns To CAA http://deadline.com/2015/09/jackie-chan-caa-sr-media-corporation-1201526165/
- CANNES: Gerard Butler to Star in ‘Den of Thieves’ https://variety.com/2014/film/markets-festivals/gerard-butler-den-of-thieves-christian-gudegast-1201179844/
- "Lionsgate Buys Arnold Schwarzenegger's Zombie Thriller 'Maggie'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- "Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger | NBCUniversal Media Village". www.nbcumv.com. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "'Celebrity Apprentice' Adds Warren Buffett, Jessica Alba, Tyra Banks as Advisors". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-04-26.