Patrick McCarthy (Australian footballer)
|Full name||Patrick McCarthy|
|Date of birth||11 March 1992|
|Original team(s)||Glenelg (SANFL)|
|Draft||No. 34, 2010 National Draft, Carlton|
|Height||196 cm (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||94 kg (207 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2013.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
McCarthy plays primarily as a tall defender. Originally from South Australia, McCarthy attended and played school football for Sacred Heart College in Somerton Park. He played under 18s and reserves football for the Glenelg Football Club in the SANFL up to the 2010 season, and he represented South Australia at the 2010 AFL Under 18 Championships, where he was selected as a defender in the Under 18 All-Australian team.
McCarthy was recruited by the Carlton Football Club with its second round selection in the 2010 AFL National Draft (No. 34 overall). He was given guernsey number 24. He played three seasons with Carlton, playing mostly for its VFL-affiliate, the Northern Bullants/Blues. He played his sole senior AFL match in the last round of the 2012 season.
- Carlton Football Club, Selection 34 - Pat McCarthy, 18 November 2010, Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- Morgan, K., Guardian Messenger, "Wait nearly over for Glenelg footy duo", 17 November 2010, Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- Sportingpulse, Player statistics for Patrick Mccarthy, Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "Carlton names two debutants". 30 August 2012. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Sam Edmund (19 September 2013). "Carlton Blues coach Mick Malthouse has delisted eight players including Aaron Joseph and Luke Mitchell". Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Glenelg boosts onball brigade with former Carlton midfielder Aaron Joseph, who has signed on for two years". The Advertiser. Adelaide, SA. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2013.