Roach and John Dunsworth posing with a fan
March 4, 1969|
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Patrick Roach (born March 4, 1969) is a Canadian actor and investor. He is best known for playing Randy on the cult television series Trailer Park Boys.
- 1999 Trailer Park Boys (film) as Patrick Lewis
- 2006 Trailer Park Boys: The Movie as Randy
- 2009 Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liqour Day as Randy (as Pat Roach)
- 2010 Matt and Wes Vs. The Zombie Appocalypse as Zombie 8
- 2014 Trailer Park Boys: Don't Legalize It as Randy (as Pat Roach)
- 2014 Swearnet: The Movie as Himself / Swearman
- 2014 Swearnet Live as Pat Roach / Randy
- TV Movies and TV shows
- 2001–present Trailer Park Boys as Randy
- 2004 Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special as Randy TV Movie
- 2008 Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys as Randy (as Pat Roach)
- 2011 The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour as Pat Roach 2 episodes 2011
- 2014 Epic Meal Time as Randy 2 episodes
- 2014 Trailer Park Boys: Live in Dublin as Randy
- 2014 GGN: Snoop Dogg's Double G News Network as Randy 1 episode
- 2014 Trailer Park Boys: Live at the North Pole as Randy
- 2015 Trailer Park Boys: Drunk, High & Unemployed as Randy
- 2016 Garage Talks as Randy 1 episode
Roach was born in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
For the first four years he appeared on Trailer Park Boys, Roach continued to work as a regional sales manager for Sparkling Springs, a bottled water company. He would film Trailer Park Boys on his vacation time, but in July 2004 he quit his job (which he had held since 1993) in order to concentrate on acting. He also appeared in a commercial for the telephone service Vonage.
When asked what it was like appearing shirtless in nearly every episode of Trailer Park Boys, Roach replied that "it was uncomfortable at first, but after everyone in Canada has seen you, what the hell". His character works as deputy for park supervisor Mr. Lahey, with whom he shares a "relationship" in which, among other things, Lahey is largely dependent on his assistant for his daily care. Roach has commented in an interview that Randy is gay, though the show portrays the character as bisexual.
He was also in the original Trailer Park Boys short film before it was made into a series. His character was the basis for Randy, but was named Patrick and wore a shirt. While not shooting the show, he goes across the country with Lahey's actor John Dunsworth at comedy clubs and other music events as a stand-up/improv act.
From 2009 to 2013, Roach worked at Investors Group as a personal finance consultant. In 2010, Roach reunited with many of his former Trailer Park Boys castmates in the new series The Drunk and On Drugs Happy Fun Time Hour.
Roach and his ex wife, Candyce, have two children: Rebecca and Cody.