Patrick Robinson (actor)
|Years active||1990– present|
Patrick Robinson (born 6 November 1963) is an English actor, best known for playing the character of staff nurse and later charge nurse (in early years of the show) and in later years, Consultant Martin "Ash" Ashford in the long-running medical drama series Casualty on BBC One.
Robinson was the fifth of seven children born to a Jamaican-immigrant electrician father and his English-born wife. Robinson joined the South East London School Drama Group aged 14. The cousin of footballer and TV personality Ian Wright, Robinson was offered a trial at Southampton F.C., which he turned down to attend additional drama classes.
He left the RSC to join the cast of Casualty in the character of Martin "Ash" Ashford, from 1990 to 1996.
From 2008 he appeared as Detective Constable Jacob Banks in the ITV police drama The Bill. In 2009 he participated in Let's Dance for Comic Relief with Lisa Maxwell dancing a routine based on Riverdance.
In March 2011, he was appearing as a German cavalry officer 'Friedrich' in the New London Theatre production of War Horse.
In 2013, Patrick participated in the eleventh series of Strictly Come Dancing. His dance partner was Anya Garnis, a new professional dancer that year. They were voted out in the semi-final. Patrick returned to Casualty in 2016 as part of the anniversary celebrations. In September 2015, he joined series 5 of Sky 1's Mount Pleasant as Policeman Cameron Miller, and returned for series 6 in September 2016.
Married, the couple have three daughters and one son. The family lives in Stratford-upon-Avon.
A supporter of Arsenal F.C., he plays regularly for the club's ex-pro and celebrity team. He also plays street hockey with the Ashmead Cruisers, a team that he co-founded in 1980, and which have twice been runners-up in the national street hockey tournament in the 1980s.
- Patrick Robinson Biography (1963-), Film Reference.
- "Biography". Patrick Robinson Official. Archived from the original on 29 June 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- Kirk, Tristan: Stars play for charity, Harrow Times, 27 September 2007
- Character: Martin 'Ash' Ashford, Casualty (BBC One).
- New cops for The Bill, MSN UK, 7 February 2008.
- Patrick Robinson Interview, BBC Liverpool, 19 October 2007.
- Fabulous and new, The Bill (ITV), 13 February 2008.
- "Casualty: Ash returns - Patrick Robinson is back in the emergency department".