Patrick Zipfel (born October 15, 1967) is an American basketball coach and former college athletics director. He is currently an assistant coach and advance scout for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Zipfel worked as assistant coach/advance scout for the Chicago Bulls(NBA). In October 2015, Zipfel accepted an interim coaching position at Mansfield University, located in Mansfield, Pennsylvania to help restore the program. 
Zipfel was an assistant men’s basketball coach at NCAA Division I The Citadel from 1989 to 1992. He was awarded his first head coaching job at Bucks County Community College in 1993. In 1994, Zipfel moved on to Centenary College of New Jersey, where he served as their director of athletics and head men’s basketball coach.
Zipfel spent the 2003-04 season as head coach of the New Jersey Squires of the American Basketball Association, leading the Squires into the quarterfinals, where they were defeated by the Kansas City Knights.
Houston General Manager Daryl Morey said Zipfel was a “secret weapon” in the Rockets’ first-round playoff series victory in 2009, their first playoff series win in more than a decade. “We felt like we were a little tick ahead because we had Pat Zipfel on the bench,” said Morey.
In Summer of 2012 Zipfel served as the Dominican Republic national basketball team advance scout under head coach John Calipari for this country’s Olympic entrant for Men’s Basketball. The team won a gold medal in Centro Basket, and lost in the pre-Olympic Qualifying tournament.
He currently serves on the NBA Coaches Association technology committee.
- "Wolves Announce Basketball and Coaching Staffs". Minnesota Timberwolves. 6 December 2011.
- Catching Up With: Former Centenary College Men's Basketball Coach Pat Zipfel – Lehigh Valley Express-Times
- "Zipfel is set for a homecoming". Intelligencer Journal. February 6, 1996. C4. Accessed through ProQuest.
- "Transactions". Salt Lake Tribune. May 11, 1994. D5.
- Zipfel an Interesting Possibility - Wilmington Star News Archived 2012-04-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Trail Blazers set scouting staff". The Oregonian. 24 September 2004.
- Houston Rockets 2010-11 media guide
- Interview with Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey (transcript) - 610 Sports Radio
- The Life of an Advance Scout – ESPN.com