|Full name||Patricius Josef Zwaanswijk|
|Date of birth||17 January 1975|
|Place of birth||Haarlem, Netherlands|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back|
|Terrigal United FC|
|2010–2013||Central Coast Mariners||87||(11)|
|2014||Central Coast Mariners Youth|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 November 2014.
Patrick Zwaanswijk (born 17 January 1975) is a semi-professional Dutch footballer who currently plays for and captains Southern & Ettalong United in Australia's Central Coast Premier League. A product of the Ajax Youth Academy, Zwaanswijk retired from professional football in 2013 following stints with FC Utrecht, Oita Trinita, NAC Breda and Central Coast Mariners FC. He has played predominantly as a central defender throughout his career.
On 8 July 2010, Zwaanswijk signed with Australian A-League side, the Central Coast Mariners. Zwaanswijk scored his first goal for the club on 2 October 2010. An injury time winner in the Mariners 3-2 win against the North Queensland Fury. He has helped mentor players at the Central Coast Mariners to improve their game. In the 2012/13 A League season he won the grand final with the club. He scored the first goal in a 2-0 victory. He became the oldest A League player to win the grand final at the age of 38.
Having hinted at his plans to embark on a career in coaching when his playing days were over, on May 10 he announced his intention to retire from professional football following the club's 2013 AFC Champions League round of 16 tie against Guangzhou Evergrande.
Club career statistics
|2004||Oita Trinita||J. League 1||11||0|
|2010/11||Central Coast Mariners||A-League||33||3|
With FC Utrecht:
With Central Coast Mariners:
- Central Coast Mariners Profile - Patrick Zwaanswijk
- Central Coast Express Advocate - "Dutchman to defend like a dam"
- Central Coast Mariners - "Dutch delight for Mariners defence" Archived February 28, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Patrick's Zwaan song". Football Feberation Australia. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Zwaanswijk to retire a champion". The World Game.
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a defender, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|