Baboumian in January 2012
|Born||July 1, 1979|
Patrik Baboumian (Persian: پاتریک بابومیان, Armenian: Բադրիք Պապումեան; born 1 July 1979) is an Iranian-born German-Armenian strongman and former bodybuilder. He is well known for his promotion of veganism.
Baboumian was born on 1 July 1979 in Abadan, the son of Armenian parents. He emigrated to Germany with his mother and grandmother at the age of seven. By the age of nine, he had developed an interest in weight training, which led him to pursue bodybuilding.
In 1999, Baboumian won the IFBB German Junior Bodybuilding Championship, and in 2002 he became the Overall Junior Champion at the Gießen Campions-Cup. Baboumian held the world log lift record in the 105k category (165 kg), as well as the German heavyweight loglift record (180 kg) and the title of "Strongest Man of Germany" (105 kg division). Since 2006, he has been competing at IFSA Strongman events. In 2007, Baboumian competed at the FSA -105 kg World Championships and ended up in 14th place.
Baboumian lifted 162.5 kg in his second attempt in the German log lift nationals 2009. The next year, he set a new German heavyweight log lifting record with 180 kg. In 2011, Baboumian competed at the loglifting world championship and placed 4th with a new German overall record of 185 kg. On 21 May 2011, he lifted 190 kg in Finland, winning the local competition. He also won the title of "Germany's Strongest Man" in 2011 by winning the open division at the German strongman nationals. On September 20, 2015, Baboumian beat his own record by completing the yoke walk with 560 kg in Germany.
In 2007, Baboumian presented with the following measures:
- 1999 int. German Champion Jun. Bodybuilding-IFBB
- 2009 German Team-Champion Strongman-GFSA
- 2009 German Champion log lift -GFSA
- 2009 Record log lift -105 kg (165 kg)
- 2010 German Champion log lift -GFSA
- 2010 German record in log lift +105 kg (180 kg)
- 2011 Germany's Strongest Man
- 2011 German record in loglifting +105 kg (185 kg)
- 2011 German record in beer keg lifting (13 reps)
- 2012 Guiness record beer keg lifting (150,2 kg)
- 2012 Guiness record Front Hold 20 kg (1:26,14 Minutes)
- 2013 World record yoke-walk, 550,2 kg over 10 m in Toronto
- 2015 World record yoke-walk, 560 kg in 28 seconds
Strength Wars League 2k17
- Overhead Press - 90 kilos - 15 repetitions
- Front Squats - 90 kilos - 15 reps [DID NOT DO]
- Tire Flip - 250 kilos - 12 repetitions [DID NOT COMPLETE]
- Conan Wheel - 230 kilos - 3 laps [DID NOT DO]
- Truck Pull - 7.5 tons [DID NOT DO]
During the Overhead Press, it looked as if Patrik Baboumian will be able to break away from his opponent, but then comes the second exercise and something almost unthinkable happens: The German Strongman could not do Front Squats, so The Faceless effortlessly overtook him.
Patrik Baboumian did not manage to finish the front squats and had to change to Zercher Squats, and even then he skipped the exercise, but the duel seems to be over anyway. As The Faceless works confidently from discipline to discipline and continues to expand his lead. Surprisingly, however, he manages more than three minutes remaining time not to manage the truck pull, which has to feel for him almost like a defeat.
- "Vegan strongman shoulders 550 kg — a record, perhaps — at vegetarian food fest". Toronto Star. 8 September 2013. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Vegan Strongman Patrik Baboumian Breaks His Own World Record!". Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- German TV Show "Hallo Deutschland" May 4th, 2012, Min. 22:05
- "'Strongest Man' Eats Plants, Loves Animals". PETA. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Flashreport Deutsche Strongman Meisterschaft 2011. Wettkampf Bericht von Body-Xtreme. Abgerufen am 8. August 2011.
- Deutsche Strongman Meisterschaft 2011. 8. August 2011.
- Zeitungsbericht Hamburger Morgenpost – MOPO. Abgerufen am 19. August 2012.
- Patrik Baboumians world record attempt in Front… 2012-09-08
- Article on Clearly Veg, 20. September 2015
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Patrik Baboumian|