February 8, 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||212 lb (96 kg; 15 st 2 lb)|
|NHL Draft||41st overall, 2010
|World Junior Championships|
Patrik Geza Nemeth (born February 8, 1992) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman. He is currently playing for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). Nemeth was selected in the second round (41st overall) by the Dallas Stars in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He is of Hungarian descent.
Nemeth signed a three-year entry-level contract with the Dallas Stars on April 21, 2011, but was loaned to the Elitserien (SEL) team AIK the following season. He made his NHL debut on April 1, 2014 receiving 11:50 of ice time in a 5-0 win over the Washington Capitals.
On June 17, 2014, in a Game 5 overtime period Nemeth scored the game-winning goal to lead the Texas Stars past the St. John's IceCaps and help his team win the Calder Cup for the first time in franchise history.
After making the 2014–15 Dallas Stars opening night roster and playing in the first 5 games of the season, Nemeth suffered an arm laceration on October 18, 2014 against the Philadelphia Flyers. On October 20, 2014, it was announced that he would miss the remainder of the regular season.
Regular season and playoffs
Awards and honors
|Calder Cup Champion||2014|
- "Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Patrik Nemeth To Entry-level Contract". Dallas Stars. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- "AIK-talang får NHL-kontrakt" (in Swedish). Hockeysverige. 2011-04-22. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- "Nemeth make NHL debut with Stars". defendingbigd.com. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Stars post big win over Caps". Dallas Stars. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patrik Nemeth.|
- Patrik Nemeth career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Patrik Nemeth career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Patrik Nemeth profile at Eurohockey.com
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|