Patriots of Russia
|Split from||Communist Party of the Russian Federation|
|National affiliation||All-Russia People's Front|
|Seats in the State Duma||
0 / 450
|Seats in the Regional Parliaments||
33 / 3,980
Patriots of Russia (Russian: Патриоты России, Patrioty Rossii) is a left-wing nationalist and socialist political party in Russia. It was established in April 2005 by Gennady Semigin, who was expelled from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation after he failed in a power struggle with Gennady Zuganov.
In 2006 Gennadiy Semigin and his new party “Patriots of Russia” joined the Rodina faction in the Duma. Following Rodina's merger with the Russian Party of Life and the Russian Pensioners' Party under the leadership of Sergey Mironov in October 2006 to form the Just Russia party, “Patriots of Russia” declared its intention to run as a separate party in the 2007 elections.
On foreign policy issues, it opposes the influence of NATO and the United States.
Until 2011, the party had fractions in regional parliaments: the Kaliningrad region, Yaroslavl region, Republic of Dagestan, in the city of Kemerovo. 19 deputies in the regions of the referred from other parties.
- The official site of party (Russian)
- VIDEO: Congress of the party Patriots of Russia, the unification of the Party of Russia's Rebirth // 2007 y.
- VIDEO: The Congress Party of Patriots , the unification of the Party of Peace and Unity // 23 November 2008 y.
- The Оfficial ideology of the party PATRIOTS of RUSSIA
- VIDEO: Patriots of Russia withdrew from the elections of the Governor of his candidate and supported the party of power " United Russia
- The results of the elections of the Republic of North Ossetia // 14 October 2012 year, the Election Commission of the Republic of North Ossetia