Patrizia Toia in 2014
|Member of European Parliament for Italy|
March 17, 1950 |
Pogliano Milanese, Lombardy, Italy
|Political party||Christian Democracy
Italian People's Party
Democracy is Freedom – The Daisy
Patrizia Toia (born 17 March 1950 in Pogliano Milanese) is an Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for North-West with Democratic Party, part of the group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
She is a substitute for the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs, a member of the Delegation to the EU-Chile Joint Parliamentary Committee and a substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Mexico Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- Graduate in political science (Università degli Studi, Milan)
- Specialised in strategic planning (Bocconi University, Milan)
- Managerial post at Executive Committee of the Lombardy Region
- Member of the federal executive and 'La Margherita' provincial party coordinator for Milan
- 1975-1985: Municipal Councillor of Vanzago (Milan)
- 1994-1995: Member of Lombardy Regional Council (1985–1995), Member of Regional Executive with responsibility for coordination of social services (1989–1990), health (1990–1991) and the budget
- 1995-1996: Member of the Chamber of Deputies of Italy
- 1996-2001: Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Minister for Community Policies, Minister for Relations with Parliament
- 1996-2004: Senator
- Massa, Fabio (17 April 2009). "Patrizia Toia: "Mattioli sbaglia a parlare di disagio dei cattolici. Finiamola con le liti. Cofferati? Non criminalizziamolo"" [Patrizia Toia: "Mattioli Is Wrong on Talking about Catholics' Uneasiness. Let's Come to an End with Quarrels. Cofferati? Don't Blame Him"]. affaritaliani.it (in Italian). Retrieved 29 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patrizia Toia.|
- Personal profile of Patrizia Toia in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Italian)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|