From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up patronage in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Patronage is the support, encouragement, privilege, or financial aid that an organization or individual bestows to another.
Patronage may also refer to:
- Patronage (transportation) or ridership, a statistical quantity of passengers
- Patronage (novel), an 1814 novel by Maria Edgeworth
- Spoils system or patronage system
- Ius patronatus or right of patronage in Roman Catholic canon law
- Patronage Rules or Benefices Rules, rules governing the appointment of patrons in the parish system in England
- Disputes over Patronage (lay) in the Church of Scotland led to it splitting on several occasions.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Patronage.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.