Patsy Cline (1957 EP)
|EP by Patsy Cline|
|Released||August 5, 1957|
|Recorded||April 24, 1957 — May 23, 1957|
|Producer||Owen Bradley, Paul Cohen|
|Patsy Cline chronology|
Patsy Cline is an EP released by American country music singer, Patsy Cline on August 5, 1957. It was Cline's first EP released through Decca Records, as her previous was released under Coral Records, a Decca subsidiary.
Patsy Cline was released on the same day her self-titled debut album was released, as well as a second EP, titled, Songs by Patsy Cline. This EP, consisted of four tracks, two on each side of the record. Side one contained the songs "That Wonderul Someone" and "Three Cigarettes (In an Ashtray)," while side two contained "Hungry for Love" and "Fingerprints." All four of the songs were also released on her 1957 debut album, unlike the Songs Patsy Cline EP, which didn't release any songs on her album.
Cline's label, Four Star Records leased her EP through Decca records (where it had been recorded) and issued it from there. It would be her last EP of Four Star material until 1964. The cover photograph was the same photo released on her debut album that year. The cover was taken by photographer, Elmer Williams.
- "That Wonderful Someone" — (Gertrude Burg) 2:26
- "Three Cigarettes (In an Ashtray)" — (Eddie Miller, W.S. Stevenson) 2:11
- "Hungry for Love" — (Miller, Stevenson) 2:25
- "Fingerprints" — (Don Hecht, W.O. Fleener, Stevenson) 2:43
- Harold Bradley — electric bass
- Owen Bradley — piano
- Patsy Cline — lead vocals
- Farris Coursey — drums
- Hank Garland — electric guitar
- Grady Martin — electric guitar
- Bob Moore — acoustic bass
- Jack Shook — acoustic guitar
- Anita Kerr Singers — background vocals
- "Patsy Cline's Recording Sessions - The Four Star Years". patsycline.info. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- "Patsy Cline - EP". patsycline.info. Retrieved 2009-04-24.