This article possibly contains original research. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Body||Pattambi Municipality|
|• M.L.A||Muhammed Muhsin|
|• M.P.||M.B. Rajesh|
|• Total||15.84 km2 (6.12 sq mi)|
|Elevation||63 m (207 ft)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||0.96 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Palakkad|
Pattambi is a town, Taluk and Municipality at the western end of the Palakkad district of the state of Kerala, South India. It is also the headquarters of the Pattambi Taluk.The well known and second longest river in Kerala, Bharathappuzha or River Nila flows through Pattambi town. Pattambi, one of the biggest towns in Palakkad district, connects roads from three districts – Palakkad, Malappuram and Thrissur. Situated on the banks of Bhratapuzaha, the place is known for its cultural contributions.
- 14,049 males (49%); 14,583 females (51%).
- No of Households: 5,897
- Scheduled Caste population: 3,471 (12%)
- Scheduled Tribe population: 37 (0% ).
- In the age group 0–6 years: 3,534 (Males: 1,837, Females: 1,697)
- Literacy: 83% (23,888 literates and 4,744 illiterates)
- Of the total population 8,561 (30%) are employed. It includes 1,657 people with irregular employment.
- E. Sreedharan
- Manikandan Pattambi
- Kalamandalam Gopi
- M.G. Sasi
- Govind Padmasoorya
- Major Ravi
- M. T. Vasudevan Nair
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pattambi.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Pattambi.|