Patterson Brothers Shipping Company LTD
|Industry||Passenger and freight shipping, freight forwarding and logistics|
|Founder||George Patterson and Henry Patterson|
Number of locations
|Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, Ovalau, Koro Island, Kadavu Island, Fiji|
|George Patterson |
|Products||Ferries, passenger transportation, freight transportation, holidays, business travel|
|Owner||George Patterson |
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Fiji Searoad Service |
Patterson Brothers Shipping Company LTD is Fijis longest running inter-island ferry operation bridging the gap between Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, and Ovalau daily, They also provide trips to Kadavu and Koro Island.
The Company is a family run inter-island ferry operation with offices based in Suva, Nakasi, Lautoka, Labasa, Savusavu, Nabouwalu and Levuka And Agents Located at Ba, Tavua, Rakiraki, Dreketi, Lekutu and Seaqaqa, The Company operates roll-on/roll-off freight and passenger shipping across Fiji and trucking and logistics and freight services across the Pacific.
The integrated land and sea transportation service jointly provided by Patterson Brothers Shipping Company Ltd and Fiji Searoad Service connecting the main islands of Fiji via multi-modal transport system with Roro ferries and coach transfers.
The company has its origins in Levuka, founded by George Patterson and Henry Patterson in 1924, Inter-island ferry operations began in 1924 And By 2020, the Company has more than 200 staff across Fiji.
- Lautoka - Natovi - Nabouwalu - Labasa/Savusavu
- Suva - Natovi - Nabouwalu - Labasa/savusavu
- Suva - Natovi - Buresala - Levuka
- Suva - Natovi - Koro
- Suva - Vunisea - Kavala (Kadavu Island)
- Suva - Kavala - Vunisea (Kadavu Island)
- Suva - Rotuma (Franchise)
- Suva - Lau Islands (Franchise)
|Ship||Flag||Built||Entered service||Gross tonnage||Length||Width||Passengers||Cars||Knots|
|MV Spirit of Harmony (SOH)||1991||2007||1,505 GT||65 m||14.5 m||450||60||17|
|MV Spirit of Love (SOL)||2001||2013||2,305 GT||15 m||24 m||300||50||15|
|MV Spirit of Altruism (SOA)||1972||2014||3,474 GT||74.16 m||16.8 m||600||75||14|
|Ship||Years in service||Gross tonnage||Current status|
|MV Ovalau I||1952-1974|
|MV Jubilee I||1958-1979|
|MV Yatu Lau||1969-1983|
|TSMV Ovalau II||1983-2003|
|TSMV Jubilee II||1984-1997|
|MV Princess Ashika||1989–2009||677 GT|
|MV Island Navigator||1999–2008||647 GT|
- Talebula, Wati (17 June 2020). "Patterson Brothers Shipping Heading To Kadavu". Fiji Sun. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Rawala, Luke (25 March 2020). "COVID-19: Government suspends inter-island shipping services". Fiji Times. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Doviverata, Rosi (17 July 2020). "George Patterson Tells PM Of Shipping Issues". Fiji Sun. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Nand, Edwin (30 April 2013). "No monopoly over shipping routes". FBC TV. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Rabonu, Inoke (27 July 2019). "Hearse, Three Relatives To Travel Free On Patterson Brothers' Vessels". Fiji Sun. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Waqairadovu, Apenisa (26 July 2019). "Patterson Shipping removes hearse fees". FBC TV. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Waqairadovu, Apenisa (27 December 2019). "Shipping companies heed notice". FBC TV. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Susu, Aqela (3 April 2020). "COVID-19: Patterson Shipping passengers to Labasa advised to contact helpline". Fiji Times. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Talebula, Wati (8 January 2020). "Authority Says Spirit Of Love Captain Made Right Decision". Fiji Sun. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Madigibuli, Ana (16 April 2020). "To The Rescue". Fiji Times. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Vacala, Kelly (8 January 2020). "Feud over Patterson Shipping charter to Rotuma". FBC TV. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Rasoqosoqo, Losalini (17 December 2017). "Patterson Unveils New Ship". Fiji Sun. Retrieved 28 July 2020.
- Long way from Italy, Lote (5 March 2015). "Long way from Italy". Fiji Times. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- Narayan, Arishma Devi (1 February 2017). "Ferry Services Resume From Ellington Wharf". Fiji Sun. Retrieved 29 July 2020.