Patterson Mill Middle and High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Patterson Mill Middle and High School|
|85 Patterson Mill Road
Bel Air, Maryland
|School district||Harford County Public Schools|
|Principal||Dr. Sean Abel|
Black, Silver and Teal
Patterson Mill Middle and High School opened in August 2007 in Harford County, Maryland, US. Built for $50 million, the 226,000 sq ft (21,000 m2) building is a state of the art school that includes a television studio, a mass communications lab for a radio station, and a graphics and visual communications area.
About the School
The school has 66,000 square feet of instructional space and is situated on a 79-acre campus just south of Bel Air, Maryland. The school serves a large suburban residential community. Patterson Mill is a comprehensive, state of the art middle and high school with a computer to student ratio of 1:1. Site specific facilities include such items as: a mass communications lab with a radio station, a television studio, a black box theatre, an auditorium that seats 900 people, a sculpture studio, a graphics lab, a visual communications lab, a child development lab and center, a clothing/design lab, computer labs, a pre-engineering lab, a flex (foreign language) program for all eighth graders, and multiple Seminar and Extended Learning Rooms. The classrooms in the building are equally outfitted for the 21st century, with LCD projectors, interactive white boards, high definition televisions, laptop computers, desktop computers, and other traditional media found in most standard classrooms.
The building is divided into 12 sections:
- "A" section houses the Auditorium and Stage area.
- "B" Section houses all administration offices, as well as the physical education areas for High school students only.
- "C" Section houses Physical Education Offices, the middle School physical education areas, and all locker rooms.
- "D" Section houses the cafeteria and Foundations of Technology rooms, as well as the janitorial closets.
- "E1" Section houses all high school Math classes.
- "F1" Section houses all high school English classes.
- "G1" Section houses all high school Social Studies/History classes.
- "H" Section houses all fine arts classes and the mass communications lab/TV studio.
- "J" Section houses all food preparation classes and the media center area.
- "E2" Section houses all middle school 6th grade classes
- "F2" Section houses all middle school 7th grade classes.
- "G2" Section houses all middle school 8th grade classes.
Sections E1, F1, G1, E2, F2, and G2 each have seven instructional classrooms as well as two science classrooms.
The school currently houses approximately 1700 students in sixth through twelfth grades. The first graduating class from Patterson Mill was the class of 2010.
- Mr. Wayne Thibeault, 2007-2013
- Dr. Sean Abel, 2013–Present
Patterson Mill competes at the varsity and junior varsity level in the Upper Chesapeake Bay Athletic Conference in all offered sports. The sports offered at Patterson Mill include baseball, boys' and girls' basketball, boys' and girls' lacrosse, boys' and girls' soccer, boys' and girls' volleyball, cheerleading, cross-country, field hockey, football, golf, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field,and wrestling.
In 2008, Patterson Mill captured the UCBAC Susquehanna Division titles in cross country and boys' soccer. The field hockey team also won the 1A North regional championship.
In the 2008-2009 winter sports season, the Huskies Wrestling team claimed first place in the Upper Chesapeake Bay Susquehanna Division, without seniors. Most recently, in the 2010-2011 season of wrestling, the Patterson Mill squad had players reach 1st and 5th at the state championship.
In Spring 2009, the women's lacrosse team won the 2A-1A South regional championship and continued on to compete in the 2A-1A state championship game.
In Fall 2010, the Huskies Field Hockey team competed at the state championship level against Pocomoke High School, losing 0-1. This was the first trip to state finals for the Lady Huskies.
The Huskies have three state championships, coming in 2A Women's Basketball, 2014,and 2015,  and 1A Women's Basketball in 2017. The school also won a state championship in the girls 4 by 200 meter relay in 2016.
- "School Profile". Harford County Public Schools. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Education". WBAL-TV. Hearst Television. Archived from the original on March 2, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- Harford County Public Schools - Patterson Mill Middle School
- Harford County Public Schools - Patterson Mill High School