Pattonville School District
Pattonville School District is a district in the suburbs of west-central St. Louis County, Missouri. Pattonville consists of 27 square miles (70 km2) and it encompasses parts of the municipalities of Bridgeton, Maryland Heights, and St. Ann. Other portions are in unincorporated St. Louis County (between Creve Coeur and Overland). The district is located near Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. The district has won several awards related to the academic success of its students. The district contains five elementary schools, one K-8 school, two middle schools, and one high school. Current enrollment exceeds 5,000 students. In June 2008 Pattonville's website psdr3.org was re-vamped. Pattonville also boasts a progressive program called Positive School, which is an alternative high school that is largely separated from the rest of the school. Positive School's purpose is to ensure that students who would otherwise drop out finish their high school education. The high school was named to U.S. News and World Report's Best High Schools lists in 2013 and 2015.
List of Schools
- Bridgeway located in Bridgeton
- Drummond [newest school] located in St. Ann
- Parkwood located in Maryland Heights
- Remington Traditional School [grades K-8] located in Maryland Heights
- Rose Acres located in Maryland Heights
- Willow Brook located in Unincorporated St. Louis County
- Holman Middle School located in St.Ann
- Pattonville Heights Middle School located in Maryland Heights
- Pattonville High School located in Maryland Heights
- Pattonville Positive School [located in Pattonville Senior High]
- Carrollton Elementary School [shut down in 2002] was located in Bridgeton.
- Carrollton Oaks Elementary School [shut down in 2002] was also located in Bridgeton. Both schools were bought out by Lambert St. Louis Airport and were replaced by Drummond Elementary School.
- Pattonville Elementary School was located on Fee Fee Road near the intersection of St. Charles Rock Road. It was replaced by Parkwood Elementary c.1967.
- St. Ann Elementary School was located on St. Bridget Lane in St. Ann next to the Airway Drive In.
- Penn Elementary School (a one room school) located on Old St Charles Rock Rd was closed in the 1940s
- Junction Elementary School (a one room school) on McKelvey (at Vigus Quarry) was closed in 1954.
- Penn Junction School opened in 1955 and was closed in the 1980s. It was named for the two schools that it replaced. The building is currently used as a Christian school and is located about a half mile east of the current high school.
- Mt. Pleasant Elementary School was located on Warson Rd at Kratky Ln near Lindberg Blvd. It closed in 1978, but the building remains standing and as of 2014, houses a Christian academy.
- Bridgeton School was closed in the 1980s.
- Briar Crest located in Unincorporated St. Louis County
- Pattonville School District
- Pattonville High School website
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education: School Directory
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2007)|