Sunset viewed from a hill near Pattuvam U.P school.
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-KL|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kasargod|
|Legislative Assembly constituency||Kallyasseri|
Pattuvam is a village in Kannur district, Kerala, India. It is bounded by Kuppam river on the north-west-south directions (locally known as Pattuvam river). It shares border with Taliparamba municipality on the east. A joint-less bridge over Kuppam river which connects Pattuvam to Kottakkeel of Ezhome village in northwest direction was inaugurate by Chief Minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan in January 2017.
Pattuvam has an area of 32 square kilometers and a population of about 20000.
Surrounded with rivers on all sides except the east where it shares a boundary with the Thaliparamba municipality, Pattuvam has rich biodiversity thanks to its hills, rivers, etc. Pattuvam created history a decade ago when it used its autonomy to assert its sole right to the local biodiversity.
Villages and suburbs
The Panchayat consists of mini-villages like Mangalasseri, Muthukuda, kavungal, Pattuvam, Muriyathode, Mullool, Ariyil, Parappool, and Vellikkeel. The Panchayat is ruled by the left front led by President Mr.A nakkeel Chandran. With a predominantly agriculture oriented population, Pattuvam is home to many eminent personalities.[clarification needed]
Vadakke Kavu (Panchuruli Temple), Kunhimathilam Temple, Valiyamathilakam Temple, Cheriyamrambu Sree Narasimha Murthy Temple & Muthukuda siva temple are the famous temples in Pattuvam.
Schools and Colleges
- Government Higher Secondary School
- Government Model Residential Higher Secondary School
- Pattuvam Upper Primary School
- Ariyil Upper Primary School
- Government Harijan Welfare Lower Primary School
- Muthukuda Lower Primary School
- Mullool Lower Primary School
- Ariyil Government Lower Primary School
- College of Applied Sciences, Pattuvam is affiliated to Kannur University and is established in 1999 with Regular courses of B.Sc(Computer Sciences) and B.Sc (Electronics).The college also provide PGDCA course Conducted by Institute of Human Resources Development
- Samskriti- Sahajeevanam Heritage Museum and Tarumitra Biodiversity Center, Muthukuda
- Vellikkeel Eco Tourism Park is 5 km from Pattuvam
- Various temples in the area are known for conducting Theyyam and Kaliyattam
The national highway NH 66 passes through Taliparamba junction. Goa and Mumbai can be accessed on the northern side and Cochin and Thiruvananthapuram can be accessed on the southern side. The road to the east of Iritty connects to Mysore and Bangalore. The nearest railway station is Payangadi on Mangalore-Palakkad line, which can be accessed through Pazhayangadi-Taliparamba road. Trains are available to almost all parts of India. Express and Passenger trains have scheduled stop at this station. There are airports at Kannur, Mangalore and Calicut. All of them are international airports with many direct flights to Middle Eastern countries.
- "Malabar gets its first joint-less bridge". Mangalam.
|This article related to a location in Kannur district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|