Patanjali (Patu) G Keswani
|Residence||New Delhi, India|
|Occupation||Chairman and Managing Director of Lemon Tree Hotels Ltd|
Patu Keswani completed his education at St. Columba’s School, New Delhi. He received his bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi in 1981 and subsequently his Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta 1983.
Keswani joined the TATA Administrative Service (TAS) in 1983 and worked with the TATA Group for over 15 years. His last assignment was as senior vice president and chief operating officer of the Taj Group of Hotels. In mid 2000, he joined management consulting firm, A.T. Kearney Inc. as director in their New Delhi office.
Keswani promoted Lemon Tree Hotels in 2002 and is the Chairman and Managing Director of the company , which owns and operates 50 hotels in 31 cities with 5000 rooms and over 5000 employees (as of June 2018). Lemon Tree Hotels listed on the National Stock Exchange of India on 9 April 2018  .
Keswani has focussed on offering opportunities to Indians with disability. 20% of Lemon Tree employees (900+ people) are from this disadvantaged segment of the population. Lemon Tree Hotels has been presented the National Award by the President of India for ‘Best Employer of Persons with Disabilities’ in 2016 & 2011 and a third National Award in 2012 for being a ‘Role Model in providing a Barrier Free Environment to Persons with Disabilities’. Lemon Tree Hotels was ranked 12th amongst the best large workplaces in Asia by the Great Place To Work Survey of 2018.
Keswani is also the Chairman of the Skills Council for Persons With Disability (SCPwD). He is also a member of the Sector Skills Council for Hospitality, Travel and Tourism (NSDC) and the Sector Mentor Council for the Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Industry (Ministry of Labor and Employment). Keswani was until recently also a member of the University Grants Commission and a member of the Board of Governors of IIT Delhi.
Keswani has been awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award by his Alma Maters - IIT Delhi in 2011 and IIM Calcutta in 2012. Keswani was inducted into the FHRAI (The Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India) Hall of Fame in 2010 and into the ‘Hotelier India’ Hall of Fame in 2012.
Keswani's father was an Indian Railway Service officer and his mother a doctor in the Indian Army. He was previously married to Sharanita. They have two children, a son Aditya and daughter Nayana. Keswani lives in New Delhi.
- "Act Three, Scene One | Forbes India". Forbes India. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Nair, Radhika P. (3 June 2011). "Patu Keswani, entrepreneur by chance". The Economic Times. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Patu Keswani
- "Power List 2017, Patu Keswani, CMD, The Lemon Tree Hotel Company".
- "Lemon Tree opens strong". The Telegraph. India. 10 April 2018. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "Lemon Tree rises 28% on market debut | mydigitalfc". www.mydigitalfc.com. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Narayanan, Chitra (21 June 2017). "Service with a smile, and the best of ability". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Mint | Lemon Tree Hotels Plans To Go Public In The Next 18 Months | January 2016
- Business Standard | Despite Slowdown, There Is Enough Demand | December 2013
- Mint | Patu Keswani: Sitting On Cash, Looking To Buy | July 2012
- Forbes India | Lemon Tree Hotels' Audacious Plan | July 2012
- Forbes India | Act Tree, Scene One | November 2009
- The Economic Times | Patu Keswani, Entrepreneur By Chance | June 2011