|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Hal performing in 2005.
|Genres||Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop Rock|
|Years active||2003 - present|
HAL are a band from Dublin, Ireland composed of brothers Dave Allen (vocals/guitar) Paul Allen (vocals/bass)and Stephen O'Brien (keyboards, occasional guitars and backing vocals) (drums), who formed in 2003.
Their first single, "Worry About the Wind" was released in 2004. Their self-titled debut album followed and "Don't Come Running" / "I Sat Down" were released as a double A-side single. The band also released "Keep Love As Your Golden Rule" on a split 7" single with (The Magic Numbers)
In August 2010, the band announced that they were working on their next album on their website and Facebook page. In February 2012 the band released the 4 track 'Down In The Valley' EP digitally. Their second album 'The Time The Hour' was released in April 2012.
- The Irish Post Best Newcomer Award 2005
- European Border Breakers Award 2006, awarded by the European Commission in Cannes in January 2006
- Best Irish Album of 2005 in the Irish Independent
- Nr.1 album van 2005 in French music magazine MAGIC
- One of the albums of 2005 in Mojo and Uncut
- Choice Award 2005 in Ireland. Hal played live at the award show in Dublin
- Best Irish Band of 2005 at the Irish Music Awards
' Down In The Valley' (EP)(2012)
- The Time, The Hour (2012)
- "Worry About the Wind" (26 April 2004) - UK No. 53
- "What a Lovely Dance" (24 January 2005) - IRE No. 19, UK No. 36
- "Play the Hits" (11 April 2005) - UK No. 38
- "Don't Come Running" / "I Sat Down" (15 August 2005)